Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows? >

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Let me clearify. Nothing against Bear, great bows...simply great however,

I shot a new Hoyt every year since 96 but in 06 I wanted to change things up. I shot the top 3 Mathews Switchback, and XT, Bowtech Allegiance and Tribute and the Hoyt Trykon. I paid full price for the Allegiance through a local shop. It was the best bow for me. Now, that Allegiance was not head and shoulder above the rest, fantastic bow, all very smooth and top notch. I wanted the Switchback to impress me to purchase, it as nice but didn't impress me as much as the Trykon and Allegiance.

Love my Allegiance. This past spring when Matt / PA came and hunted turkeys with me I had a chance to shoot his Guardian and no bow EVER in my life compared to shooting that Guardian. NOTHING, not even my Allegiance. I've had the pleasure of shooting the General and it's right there with the Guardian.

I've since shot the Drenalin and the Vextrics and I stand by my statement. Nothing shoots like the Guardian and General and I will measure all future bows I shoot to those two. They are incredible.

I know it was a bold statement to make, cool aid or no coolaid but I stand by it because I'm entitled to my (11 years competitive shooting, 26 years of bowhunting, 41 years of life) opinion. And I have never and may never say it about any 2 bows again.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

But we can discuss that in another thread if you'd like.

Yes Bear makes some awesome bows, tell me more about the 08 lineup. I see if any local shop carries then and test a couple out.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:18 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Lately the first thing I do when I get home from work is grabmy new Bear Cheyenne and sling some arrows in the back yard until it gets dark, with the time change I can getina bit more than an hours worth.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Bear and Fred Bear in particular will always be in my heart as my very first bow was a Bear Black Bear II. I know Bear makes some great bows, always has, probably always will however IMO there is not a bow on the market that tops the Gaurdian and General right now. I'm real curious about the Airbornes and can't wait to get my hands on one.

In all honesty, other than brand loyality, if someone is to shoot the General I can't see them buying another bow. I've never said that about any bow I've owned, ever. They were all too close to call and when finally buying another bow other than Hoyt they were still very close to call but the General (and the Guardian) is heads and shoulders above the rest.

I still have my Bear Black Bear II and oddly enough, it's original string is on it, it's now 22 years old....LOL and I still shoot it from time to time. I might even consider taking a doe with it for old time sakes.
Brought back memories. I bough my first bow at a dingy little pawn shop in VA Beach, a Black Bear II. Very smooth (to me, then)and a good bow for me to learn on. It shot great and when I did decide on a new bow I gave that one to a buddy as his first bow. Hopefully it is still in circulation somewhere. What's funny is the "new" bow I bought was a Martin Prowler and I paid $139 dollars for it, I still have it and it is my back up bow, set- up to shoot fingers and my old aluminums and I am just as confident with it as my Q2.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM

No, I haven't forgotten, I just choose not to remember. I still have my first bow, a BEAR whitetail hunter. The cables are actually......steel cables.

I just choose not to own a bow that can be bought at any mega mart....I think it hurts our shop owners, and I want a bow that is pro shop only. That doesn't mean everyone has to think that way, and I understand the money issue, BELIEVE ME I DO.....Bear obviously makes quality equipment, there's just no doubt about that.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Anybody shot the Truth 2. Looks sweet on their website.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ohio mossy oak

Did everyone forget about BEar archery?Or are they to busy spneding money on others bows because of the companies name. I here people talk bad about BEar.THe must HAve not shot a 2007 or newer BEar..this company is putting out good stuff for a good price..I must be the only Fan of BEAr..well at least i can Buy a BEar without giving my life saving or my first born.
Good post and it's nice to hear some brand loyalty as well. I shot the Bear Truth 2 the other day and I didn't care for it. It didn't feel balanced and was "heavy" feeling to me. Needs some work on the hand shock as well. Just my opinion. My first bow was a Bear Whitetail II.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 PM

well i am shooting pse and as soon as i get the money i am trading it in at my local proshop and getting a new 08 line up of a bear showdown, it looks nice, i cant wait to try it, does any one know if they are out yet?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Bear TRX and LOVE it!!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The old post and run.

Quick Reply: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.