Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows? >

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

I wanted to get a Bear but couldn't find one that I likedin lefty with a 31.5 inch draw. Ended up with a Ross 337. Odds are I will keep it for a long time.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Bear and Fred Bear in particular will always be in my heart as my very first bow was a Bear Black Bear II. I know Bear makes some great bows, always has, probably always will however IMO there is not a bow on the market that tops the Gaurdian and General right now. I'm real curious about the Airbornes and can't wait to get my hands on one.

In all honesty, other than brand loyality, if someone is to shoot the General I can't see them buying another bow. I've never said that about any bow I've owned, ever. They were all too close to call and when finally buying another bow other than Hoyt they were still very close to call but the General (and the Guardian) is heads and shoulders above the rest.

I still have my Bear Black Bear II and oddly enough, it's original string is on it, it's now 22 years old....LOL and I still shoot it from time to time. I might even consider taking a doe with it for old time sakes.

Put down the koolaid man...... Head and Shoulders above the rest...... WOW
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 PM

love my bears'.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

i am a high country guy, have been for a long time. And I really didnt want to shoot the general or guardian, because I though they were ugly as all get out. But I shot every other bow on the market, and yeah I gotta agree with yah Rob, They really are insanely good. I am finally getting over the way they look and i really can't justify buying anything else. They are that good.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not me. I bought an 07 Bear Code just a few months ago. It got the job done nicely. Took a doe and then this buck a week later. First deer with a bow i have taken in several years. Spent less then 550 on the bow, a ripcord, string loop, peep, stabilizer. I shot several of the higher end bows, did not go into it expecting to end up with a bear, but after shooting them all there wasnt enough difference for me to justify spending the extra 200-300 dollars on a bow.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 AM

I've just never been that impressed with the product is all. Same goes for Jennings and the others that are owned by the same company.

Paul
Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

I shot the bear and thought it was terrible. Bad draw cycle on just a 50# bow. Huge valley for very little let off. The thing was about as noisy as a rifle too.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first bow was a Bear...was hard to pull back and didn't have any let-off. I kept using it because my dad gave it to me and I wanted to make my first bow kill with it...two 7 point bucks and a doe later, I laid it down and purchased another bow. I still have that bow and will always keep it as something special.

shadow
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

fred bear instinct 07... Love it thats all i can say.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes.

Quick Reply: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.