Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where do you hit your deer? >

Where do you hit your deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you hit your deer?

Old 01-24-2003, 01:16 PM

Default RE: Where do you hit your deer?

I've shot three bow deer. 1rst was double lung but a little high, second was double lung that was a better shot, third was a very close shot and I hit him in the heart. As my kills increase I'm sure my percentages will drop. I shot all from the ground and I think hunting is harder but the shot is easier because you are on the same plane as the deer.

THWACK!
Old 01-24-2003, 06:21 PM

lonebowman I don't think a neck shot is a very good choice at all. I'd let the deer walk before I drew back to take that shot. There's no vitals there.Lungs, heart, liver, are vital kill shots. I think the only thing you'll accomplish is wounding the deer or having it bounce off his shoulderblade. Just my opinion I may be wrong but it's different than what I've studied or been taught. I myself have one buck killed with a bow with 1 arrow shot in my life. Double lunged him at 15 yards.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-24-2003, 09:08 PM
AK

Of perhaps 20 deer, most have been double lung hits. As I recall, three were liver only hits and two were ham hits (one alert doe jumped the string and turned 90 degrees and the other was a difficult shot taken in attempt to finish a wounded deer).

Old 01-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of mine have been either lungs , heart , or heart/lungs. I couldn't tell you how many , I dont keep track but that log book is a good idea.

>>>---Doug--->