Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this photo get your heart pumping? >

Does this photo get your heart pumping?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this photo get your heart pumping?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Does this photo get your heart pumping?

I hear ya, Greg! I'm sure that would do it, too.

There's something about the view in the pic I posted that gets me going, though. Straight down and he don't know you're there!

Great photo, Greg!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Bartender

It seems every deer at first site gets my heart pumping. Now once I decide on shoot or no shoot then I calm down a bit. If its a split second decision then yes I get going a bit, which most of the time it is.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

All deer that close pumps me up. This is from 2006.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

No. It's not a good shot.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on how you define "pumping"

Does it encite the desire of wanting to sit in a tree and bow hunt....YES.
Does it make me excited/nervous because I relate it to the feeling of a deer in close to me...NO. I just don't get that excited for a deer being close to me. I like it, and want to see as many deer close as I can, but I don't "loose" it whena deer comes in.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Site Buck Guru

This deer was bedded at 22 yards then heard the camera go off.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I used to get really really excited and shakey, but last year I saw so many deer that I learned to control it (i hate it when they sit and stare at you). Mo doubt I still get excited, but its a shame that I dont start shaking at every deer I see.

This year I heard this deer coming toward me, it was grunting and I was all excited, then i didn't hear anything for a while. Then I calmed down. 15 min later, I hear it coming, so I stand up and get ready, but I blow it. Suddenly it just stops, and Im trying to stay real still, but I was probably moving my head looking at squirrels or something. It may have saw me. Suddenly it heard it and glimpsed lotsa bone. It had somehow walked around me along a creek. Had I really been paying attention, i may have seen it but it didn't make a sound.

Its really heart breaking when you see the buck of your dreams walking away down wind from you. I havn't seen him since. Damn, had I had some buck lure or maybe been more careful, I would have got him.

The last time I really got excited, there were these two does walking along the creek, when suddenly I hear something coming from the other direction. I thought it was grunting, but i guess it was more like fawn bleats. Well i'm drawn back and its just a damn button buck.

Last week I heard all these does runing around, they ran in front of me (three of 'em) then went back where they came from, ran all the way around the pond back to me, then away from me, when suddenly I see a little buck chasing them around. Throughout all that, I only initially was excited. Then when the buck chased a button buck back to me, (I could hear em coming) I wasn't really excited. I even drew and was contemplating shooting or not, trying to judge how big the deer was. But i didnt shoot and I was as calm as I could be. Shure I was excited and my heart was pumping.

I usually get it all after i shoot.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 PM

Most of the time we just see woods. So yes, when I see any deer
my first reaction is excitement. Shoot or not I will always love having
deer under my stand!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I've seen well over 500 deer from my stand, now.....OK...over 600. So seeing a deer don't do it (make me overly excited). That view (the photo)......does.

Just being honest. I think back to the times I've had a deer in that scenario.....waiting for it to turn.....already picking a spot.......waiting to draw......nerves shaken........heart pumping........

That photo "does it" for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's one for you!

Quick Reply: Does this photo get your heart pumping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.