Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy Buck...

Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Spike

Default Crazy Buck...

Hello to all,

I am seeking the ideas of the forum to help me with a crazy buck...

The whole story started several weeks ago while I was walking to my stand. I arrived a tad late and walked in on two deer right under my tree. I had walked the great distance out so I figured I would sit anyways even though I had scared the two off. So about 9 am I hear a ruckus a deer coming in. I was just able to see it at 40 yards out. Well when I went to pick up my bow I knocked it around and the arrow fell to the ground. This sent the buck into frenzy that I have never heard before. I mean most of us have heard a buck snort and kick around, but this one went APE SH#T for about 15 minutes. Finally it left me alone after not coming in for the shot.

Sooo the next weekend I decided to get in 1 1/2 hrs prior to daylight in order to see if I could get the two I walked in on previously at my stand. Well when I got halfway out to my stand I could hear the big buck. Mind you it was not light yet. The buck would go bonkers and charge in at me snorting to about 20 feet and then run back out (I could make it out in the light from the full moon). It did this charging and snorting kicking up for about 30 to 40 minutes. I do not ever recall being so scared in my life as I was at that point only armed with my bow (never again). I had even text messaged a friend to let him know where I was if no one heard from me within the hour. Not really knowing which was the safer bet giving the distance I decided on going to the stand. I would walk a couple yards and then post myself up against a tree with an arrow out like a spear to perhaps protect me somewhat. End of story I made it to my stand, but was pretty shaken up.

So what I took from this event was that I was dealing with a very aggressive and large buck that basically does not give a **** that I am a human. This week will be shotgun in my area and I plan on splitting the week 50/50 with the bow pending if I can not get him this first half of the week. Therefore, I was thinking about using a buck roar by where I was attacked to see if I can once again piss him off and bring him in and perhaps using buck scent to reinforce another large buck in his area. What do you guys think?

Dan
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crazy Buck...

lol another point for gun hunters...self defense!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Spike

No, no, no...

I prefer the bow and generally use it during the gun season. It is just an option that I have this week if I need to move around allot. All I could think during the very long time that the attack to place over was seeing myself in one of those deer mauling videos…Not a pretty picture and one that I could certainly not live down at deer camp if I made it out with just cuts and bruises.
I do plan on successfully harvesting this deer during the week. It is just a matter of tactic. My stand might be a little to far out of its normal cruising area. That is why I am thinking of the Buck roar/growl scent idea to piss him off into challenging me again.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 AM

Wow,
That is some story. Thanks for sharing. I think your plan is a good one. A buck decoy would help too. Althoug with Shotgun/Muzelloader you don't need to get him that close.
Good luck and let us know when you get him.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Site Buck Guru

Stop putting doe pee on your boots![:-]
Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Spike

GregH,

I had no scent on when it happened haha I was not looking to be mounted
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

It's pretty common knowledge that agressive bucks are threats to women and small children. I think we do our neighbors a valid service when we rid the woods of these ferocious beasts.

Thanks for taking up such a noble cause.

Sincerely,
Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well he started it so now you have to finish it. You sure dont want some deer telling all the others about how he made a human $hit himself Your plan sounds good. GOOD LUCK and post the pic's.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

You tell that deer that if theres going to be any mounting going on its going to be you mounting him!... on the wall you perve!

Quick Reply: Crazy Buck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.