Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If i dont do a complete passthrough. >

If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Default RE: If i dont do a complete passthrough.

ORIGINAL: buck_hunter14

i had some fix blades but they didnt fly right they fish tailed really bad.
That's a tuning issue. Please.........I BEG of you .....PLEASE don't change to a mechanical as a band aid for a tuning issue...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: buck_hunter14

i had some fix blades but they didnt fly right they fish tailed really bad.
That's a tuning issue. Please.........I BEG of you .....PLEASE don't change to a mechanical as a band aid for a tuning issue...
Now the real post starts.....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your arrows are fishtailing you need to tune , the bow , the arrow , the archer , or all 3 . 51 pounds is plenty to hunt with , my advise is to shoot a scarry sharp 2 blade cut on contact head , like a magnus stinger , in front of a heavy 500 grain plus arrow with an foc of 13+ . forget the mechanicals
Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM

how do I tune the bow and stuff?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

take it to you local bowshop, ask some questions, get some answers. It will make more sense to you to see it done.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM

deer are not that hard to track if you hit him you will usually find a blood trail. if you need help you can buy a gerber blood lite they work good i got one for christmas last year but they are like 50 dollars
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a ot more probles than just poor arrow flight with a poorly tuned bow. You will lose kinetic energy and will get even less penetration with a mechanical. I highly suggest you get your bow tuned and stick with fixed blade broadheads. My daughter shoots 45# and she shot completely through 2 turkeys and then some over the weekend. She shoots 85 grain Slick Tricks.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

For the people that say it is not enough poundage for expandables I would agree when it comes to the old style, over the top expandables. BUT, with the rear opening slip cam expandables like Rage you will not have a problem.

Idon't think we should lump all expandables in one category. IMOthere should be 2 categories for expandables.

1. The old style over the top (jacknife) expandables
2.The new style rear openingexpandables

By the way both Tammi Gregory (The Wild Outdoors)and Tiffany Lakoski (Getting Close), both shooting under 50lbs, have had great success shooting the 2 blade Rage.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might agree with this. The sliding blades do seem to require less energy, but this poor young man does not know yet how to tune a bow, can't get complete pentration with fixed heads. An expanadable is not going to help the situation. He needs to learn how to tune a bow/arrow setup to get the most from it.

Arrows flying helter skelter with broadheads is not good. We all know this. And for any that do it merges on the unethical to shoot this way. Now that he's asked and recieved some decent advice he needs to do what is necessary to achieve good results. Just going to a mechanical head is NOT what needs done.

I agree that he should be going to a local shop and getting some hands on help, and not only have things explained but shown how. Probably needs to learn some of the terminology for a better understanding too. We can give him all the advice in the world, but if he doesn't know what is being said then it's a waste of typing.

Also, he needs to go to www.eastonarchery.com and download and print a copy of their Tuning Guide (free). There's a lot to be learned from it.

ORIGINAL: annika3

For the people that say it is not enough poundage for expandables I would agree when it comes to the old style, over the top expandables. BUT, with the rear opening slip cam expandables like Rage you will not have a problem.

Idon't think we should lump all expandables in one category. IMOthere should be 2 categories for expandables.

1. The old style over the top (jacknife) expandables
2.The new style rear openingexpandables

By the way both Tammi Gregory (The Wild Outdoors)and Tiffany Lakoski (Getting Close), both shooting under 50lbs, have had great success shooting the 2 blade Rage.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please take the above advice friend. We all started out knowing little or nothing (and some still do[8D]) and the only way to get better is to pursue it.

Go to the easton website.Then go to the pro shop as you will have a little knowledge and can tell them intellegently what you need.

Quick Reply: If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.