Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If i dont do a complete passthrough. >

If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If i dont do a complete passthrough.

If you deflate both lungs,that deer will be dead on its feet and drop within 100yds--passthru or not
Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 AM

I always prefer two holes although as previously said, it is not a requirement. At 51 pounds draw weight, I would suggest a fixed blade broadhead.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

|Fixed blade or mech!!! I won't say either way to many opinions and it is perfrence. I my self love my piston points mech. but when my daughter started hunting a few years ago her first deer a doe was shot with a bow at only 35# and she had a complete passthru but I also had her shooting 85 grain thunderheads!!!! Fixed blade!!! Walt
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 AM

Pass through all the way quick death and don't go far. Back in the 60's,70'sand 80's I got some that didn't pass trough with my 65 pound recurves and 70 pound compounds, wood and aluminum arrows. The arrow would plug the hole and not much blood. The blood a lot of the times would run down the arrow if it didn't brake off and plug the hole.. Shot a big doe this year at 25 yards pass through she only ran 20 yards and went down. The 8 point buck when about 60 yard on a dead run with a pass through shot at 30 yards. I seen both of them go down from my stand. Your not going to get good pass troughs with most expendables even with heaver poundage. You will with cut on impact heads
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

While a complete pass through is always desirable, i'm convinced that the blood trail from a double lunged deer comes more from the mouth/nose than the entrance or exit wound. While every deer i've ever double lunged bled from the mouth/nose, not all have bled from the entrance/exit wound. This is true whether shot with a bow or shotgun/muzzleloader.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 AM

From the mouth/nose it's sometimes hard to see on the ground, because it bb's blowing out in small spots as it running. I have seen it on snow and it's spared over a wide area on the ground. It would be hard to see with no snow
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JimPic

If you deflate both lungs,that deer will be dead on its feet and drop within 100yds--passthru or not
Nobody is saying they wont, just that a pass through is better.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 PM

i think im gonna try some rage 3-blades. the deer trail is 23yds. from my stand do you think that that will work?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

so are you completely against shooting a fixed blade? or what? your question has been answered.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM

i had some fix blades but they didnt fly right they fish tailed really bad.

Quick Reply: If i dont do a complete passthrough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.