HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Big Bucks this Year!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/219541-big-bucks-year.html)

Vabowman 11-26-2007 08:36 AM

Big Bucks this Year!!

Is it me, or have there been more big bucks taken this year than ever before? I mean, on this site, at home, in the news, in the mags, everywhere. They are dropping like flies!!! Around my way there have been like 10-12 monsters taken within a 15 mile radius.

crazy4hunting78 11-26-2007 09:11 AM

RE: Big Bucks this Year!!

i am seeing the same type of harvest here in il. and i have also noticed while in the field to only see little bucks or monsters others i have talked to around here are also saying the same things

GMMAT 11-26-2007 09:13 AM

I saw only 1.5yr old bucks before I took the 4.5 yr old I shot on 11/6. I still haven't seen anything older than 1.5yrs (other than the one).

Amazing.....considering how many 1.5yr olds I saw last year.

YooperMike 11-26-2007 09:49 AM

Seems like just the oposite by me, similar to what GMMAT has seen. Tons of small bucks, couple biggies seen from a distance. Depressing year for me especially after seeing so many potentially good ones last year!

Angus74 11-26-2007 10:25 AM

Im with GMMATand Yooper Mike on this one. Ive only seen one shooter all year, and he was running as fast as he could to get across a field before I could get a shot. But on the same token,, a great friend of mine is a taxidermist in my area and has taken in the usual number of bucks this year, a little over 100, but has taken well over 10 bucks this year, that will score 160+, and usually only has 4-5 in that range. The really big bucks are getting taken this year by some guys, not me though.[:@]

CCPaHunter 11-26-2007 10:50 AM

This has been an awsome year for me as far as big buck sightings go. The hopes were high as were the frustrations, some of which I posted about. One of the areas I hunt is on the Delawareborder and every year I can't help wonder what it would be like if they hadan ARprogram.;)

wingchaser_labs 11-26-2007 12:10 PM

There is more and more big bucks taken every year it seems and I beleive it is because of great QDM programs that are getting practiced by more and more people every year. Only seems natural that we continue to see more record book bucks taken as the years progress. WCL

IAhuntr 11-26-2007 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

There is more and more big bucks taken every year it seems and I beleive it is because of great QDM programs that are getting practiced by more and more people every year. Only seems natural that we continue to see more record book bucks taken as the years progress. WCL
You hit that nail right on the head! In the areas where QDM have been practiced for a few years now, there are obviously going to be more impressive bucks harvested, which we are seeing.In the areas where QDM is being ignored, the basket racks continue to get blasted every year and a 3.5 year old is a rare find.