HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Nanny whackers: A doe to be truly proud of. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/219440-nanny-whackers-doe-truly-proud.html)

dukemichaels 11-25-2007 02:26 PM

Nanny whackers: A doe to be truly proud of.

On Saturday November, 24th I was able to harvest this unbelievable doe. She would weigh upwards of 170+ pounds and age above 6+ years. In fact I would expect her to push 8 or 9 years of age.

The first picture she is beside another doe that was taken the same day. The doe on the left is her (notice the grey coat) the one on the right is a good sized doe that would probably push 125-135 pounds and age about 3 years. She absolutely dwarfs the doe on the right.

She is the oldest deer I have ever taken and humbles me to have taken her. She is witout a doubt a true whitetail trophy (although I hate to use that word.)

mauser06 11-25-2007 02:35 PM

RE: Nanny whackers: A doe to be truly proud of.

congrats!! that one is a biggun for sure!!

TEmbry 11-25-2007 02:35 PM

are you POSITIVE that isn't your buck you killed a week or two ago after the antlers were cut off?

that is the biggest doe i have ever seen, in person or even in a picture. congrats!

Greg / MO 11-25-2007 02:38 PM

She's absolutely a magnificient animal... since you're abstaining from the word "trophy"... ;)

And sometimes, it's not even age and size alone that determine the ones which are special to us... Matt and I got busted several times by one wily doe which just seemed to have a "sixth sense" when we were halfway through our draw cycles... When I finally drill her, I'll be just as proud.

Congratulations!!

dukemichaels 11-25-2007 02:40 PM

This amazing old doe did indeed have a bigger body than some very decent bucks I've taken over the years.

Her family group consisted of 8 other ladies, she was in the lead and very cautious.

Our own HNIJustin has several trailcams (we believe) of her (previous seasons) and nicknamed her "GigaDoe". Due to her amazing size.

GMMAT 11-25-2007 02:40 PM

Duke:

I am SO happy to see you post this the way you did. She is a true trophy! My next goal in bowhunting is to take a "trophy" doe......and I feel the same way you do about your accomplishment.

I'd be ABSOLUTELY proud of her....as I know you are.

Congrats again, buddy!:)

drhntr178 11-25-2007 02:54 PM

Congrats on a giant doe! Definitely a trophy!

I am curious if you are going to her aged. I read somewhere (cant remember off hand) that doesreach theirat peak weight at 4 years. Anyone else heard this?

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 02:57 PM

dm, man...congratulations and your right, she's one hell of a nanny. I'd bet she'd take a buck form to mount her. I bet you thought a horse was coming in. Way to go.

Vabowman 11-25-2007 02:58 PM

Good deer!!! Fat!!

GregH 11-25-2007 03:02 PM

Wow! That is one big fat doe! A trophy!