Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HEADACHE

Old 11-24-2007, 06:49 PM

Default HEADACHE

You want to talk about a bad day. I'll tell you one. I was hunting friday morning when about 8:15 a.m. a button & doe come running in. I was cthinking about taking the doe but decided to wait & see if something was bringing up the rear. Well about 8:25 a.m. a 8pt came troting in & the way his nose was to the ground the doe must have been estrus. At 28yrds i was at fulldraw and he was walking right to left perfect broadside. I gave an rrrp to stop him it did'nt work he kept going soI tried to stop him again, well guess what it he did'nt. a few more yards & I had no shot. So I said to myself thatI would have to take him moving. I gave him another rrp and startedpulling the trigger, asI did he stoped took a half step back ducked his head & looked towards me. Well needless to say it was to late the shot was already on its way.Thunk right in the forehead!Well anyonemight say that would be a good shot & deer down right? Well it might have been with shotgun or rifle,but all I could do was towatch him running awaywith my arrow & a rage 3 blade sticking out of his forehead.I shot him at 8:30 didn't start trackinguntil 1:30 stayed till dark & spent 5hrs looking for him this morning, never found him.I wouldrather miss or not see anything than wound one. Still feel sick to my stomach knowing he could still be alive!

[/align]
Old 11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HEADACHE

ORIGINAL: tagetr

You want to talk about a bad day. I'll tell you one. I was hunting friday morning when about 8:15 a.m. a button & doe come running in. I was cthinking about taking the doe but decided to wait & see if something was bringing up the rear. Well about 8:25 a.m. a 8pt came troting in & the way his nose was to the ground the doe must have been estrus. At 28yrds i was at fulldraw and he was walking right to left perfect broadside. I gave an rrrp to stop him it did'nt work he kept going soI tried to stop him again, well guess what it he did'nt. a few more yards & I had no shot. So I said to myself thatI would have to take him moving. I gave him another rrp and startedpulling the trigger, asI did he stoped took a half step back ducked his head & looked towards me. Well needless to say it was to late the shot was already on its way.Thunk right in the forehead!Well anyonemight say that would be a good shot & deer down right? Well it might have been with shotgun or rifle,but all I could do was towatch him running awaywith my arrow & a rage 3 blade sticking out of his forehead.I shot him at 8:30 didn't start trackinguntil 1:30 stayed till dark & spent 5hrs looking for him this morning, never found him.I wouldrather miss or not see anything than wound one. Still feel sick to my stomach knowing he could still be alive!

A very, very poor decision and one post I'd rather not have read.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 PM

LOL....oh my gawsh that's funny right there.....Sorry, I don't mean to belittle anyone, but to be perfectly honest........

I don't believe it. Not sarcastically mind you, I really don't believe it...but.......anyway....
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Look at this this way, now he's a 9 pointer!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

well i believe it. I was reading a deer magazine, i think it was deer and deer hunting or something along those lines and there was this guy who shot a deer with a rifle. When he went to get it euro mounted he found a broken off shaft and broad head inlodged in the nasal cavity. The guy who shot it with the bow described the shaft and broadhead perfectly so it was legit.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

terrible......should not have taken the shot, wouldn't the impact of the arrow be enough to drop the animal at least for a second? like a concusion?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM

Let me explain that when I saidI was going to take him on the move he was not troting then he was walking slowly with his nose to the ground. I'm very confident in my shooting & it would have hit its mark.Sorry you feel that away Rob but I'm not the only only one that has ever took a shot while the deer was still moving.I stand by my decision to take that shot. It was one of those freak things.

[/align]
Old 11-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not condemning you for the moving shot, a poor decision yes, one I've made myself that resulted in a gut shot which I did find however, I personally would NEVER post that shot in public. Anywhere.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

i heard of a story once that a guy in my area took a deer with an arrow still in the middle of the neck. Maybe he is livin?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

hmmm you think ifa broad head can go through two shoulder at 40 yards, it would go through a skull at 28

Quick Reply: HEADACHE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.