HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Which do you prefer to go to? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/219253-do-you-prefer-go.html)

sunset 11-24-2007 02:17 AM

Which do you prefer to go to?

If you had a local guy with bow shop that had great service and quality selection and close to you would you go to his shop? Or, would you go to one of the big stores that may be just as close?

(and why would you choose the choice that you've made)

silentArcher 11-24-2007 02:31 AM

RE: Which do you prefer to go to?

The local guy because he will know what he's doing better than someone who is only working at the archery department for a day of two.

NY Bowhunter 11-24-2007 03:14 AM

Bass Pro shop is 4 minutes and 12 seconds (roughly [8D]) from my house. That's where I go. That's where I go quite often as a matter of fact. That's where I go entirely too much now that I think about it. I gotta go to bass pro and get a meat grinder ... have a good weekend :D

Lubricious 11-24-2007 03:18 AM

Id go to the local guy first. If they didnt have what I was looking for, then BPS.

Rickmur 11-24-2007 05:07 AM

The local guy if he knows his stuff and will and have traveled 100 miles to reach him. BTW, I pass a Bass Pro 10 miles before I get to his place.

Planter 11-24-2007 06:39 AM

I prefer the local guy and don't even mind paying a little bit more to keep him in business.

GregH 11-24-2007 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: sunset

If you had a local guy with bow shop that had great service and quality selection and close to you would you go to his shop? Or, would you go to one of the big stores that may be just as close?

(and why would you choose the choice that you've made)

I'm not going to write an essay on this subject [:-]but I go to whoever is the closest. If they are the same distance from me, with comparable prices, I will go to the little guy because I like them. They are much more personable. I like that.

Buellhunter 11-24-2007 07:34 AM

I go to the local, small shop

Oh, yeah, I am the local small shop:D

Tribal 11-24-2007 07:57 AM

I don't have a local guy so I have to drive 30 miles to the shopeither way. I actually prefer the sportsmans warehouse I go to. The local archery shop across the street from Sportsmans Warehouse is a jerk. A friend needed a bowstring put on and he actually made him wait and said I need to take care of my customers first. All because the bow was not purchased at his store. THey push the Mathews out of there big time.
At sportsman's I trust the guys at least at this store. If I didn't I obviously would take my bow and buisness elsewhere. They even have put on blazer vanes at no charge. It's alot about price for this poor guy.:)

curth83 11-24-2007 08:11 AM

i buy a ton of stuff online through cabelas. but other than that i will shop at the local bow shop to get anything i cant wait for.