Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you all see your arrow hit and how?? >

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

I don't know about you guys.....but once I pick a spot on the deer....my pin is incosequential.

How fast are your bows?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't know about you guys.....but once I pick a spot on the deer....my pin is incosequential.

How fast are your bows?
The pin is what I aim with, very important for me. If the pin is not on what I hope to hit, whether my main focus is on the pin or the target, I won't hit what I'm aiming at. My hunting bow shoots @275 fps.

For the most part my main foucus is on the target, sometimes I switch, but the pin still comes into play. Very much so. I've shot a lot of indoor competition, scope and pin. My best shots had my mind thinking that I saw the arrow drop into the target right where my pin was.....Through the peep sight! We know that that is impossible. It shows how much concentration on aiming occured during those shots. It's like hitting the perfect shot in golf or baseball, the sweet spot.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

So you said nothing to change the way I feel, Greg. Once my eye's focus is on the target (your eye can NOT focus on the target and the pin at the same time).....my pin becomes inconsequential. It's inconsequential.....but it is on the target ('course....you knew that). I don't take my focus from the pin to the target UNTIL the pin's where I want it. Youlikely do the same thing.

And yes.....what you describe is impossible. You're imagining it. Many, I think, imagine seeing their fletchings make contact, as well.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

98% of the time I see the arrow or the nock dissapear through the deers hair. That's how I know where I hit. Sometimes, in lower light conditions, I see the hole in the deer. In the rare occurances that I don't see the hit, I've done something wrong. It's all about your follow through. Keeping your pin on the target until after impact. No matter what, you're looking at the deer but more importantly you should be looking at a very small part of the deer. The exact part you want to hit. If you do this correctly, you'll see the point of impact.

I'll buy that.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

98% of the time I see the arrow or the nock dissapear through the deers hair. That's how I know where I hit. Sometimes, in lower light conditions, I see the hole in the deer. In the rare occurances that I don't see the hit, I've done something wrong. It's all about your follow through. Keeping your pin on the target until after impact. No matter what, you're looking at the deer but more importantly you should be looking at a very small part of the deer. The exact part you want to hit. If you do this correctly, you'll see the point of impact.
This pretty much describes what I see when I shoot a deer.

I don't think I have ever shot an animal and not noticed where the arrow hit
Old 11-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

So you said nothing to change the way I feel, Greg.
Duh...... Can anybody?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I played some pretty competitive baseball in my day.....playing on the DI collegiate level. I was a catcher....and saw my fair share of pitches come to the plate over my 4 yrs. The general consensus in baseball is that batter can pick up the rotation and see the seams on differing pitches. All "great hitters" are supposed to be able to do this.

I don't buy it. I could see a rotation of the seams on certain pitches.....and to be honest....that's all the human eye can discern. I believe what we want to be true and what IS true is sometimes a little different.

That's my opinion. I wonder what the MPH of the fletching/nock is on a 15 yd shot (somebody do the math). Now I wonder what the actual time the fletchings are on the surface of the skin of the deer (POI). Call me a skeptic.

I don't doubt we "think" we see this. That's absolutely plausible.

Someone asked about whether we see the arrow make impact with a 3D animal. Well.....considering the fletchings never make contact (actually don't come within 2' of the target).....what are you actually supposed to be seeing make contact? The field point??????

I aint buying it.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Spike

Same effect applies in golf. Why do you think they use white golf balls? The more "white" you use with your feathers or vanes, nock and etc., the better chance you'll have at seeing your arrow in flight. The human eye just picks it up faster and better. Try it, you'll be supprised at how often
you'll see the arrow in flight and strike the target. Helps to know how in tune you are with your setup too. Really neat to see the arrows fly like darts!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Why do you think they use white golf balls?
'Cause they're easy to find?[&:]
Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you said nothing to change the way I feel, Greg.
Duh...... Can anybody?
Exactly.

IKNOW ICAN SEE MY ARROWS HIT WHAT I AM AIMING AT. I shot my buck in very low light this year andI still said the shot looked a little back. It was by a couple of inches of where I really wanted it to hit.. But the real reason it looked that way is he wascoming down the hillangled to me more than I thought.

Quick Reply: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.