Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

I am not trying to tell people what to shoot, I am just saying if you see the MYTH BUSTINGvideo by Grim Reaper you will see they outperform every other broadhead on the market.

They mixed ballistic gellatinto FBI and Military standards, put deer shoulders and ribs in frontof it, and stretched deer hide over the shoulder, then, shot every broadhead out there through it to test penetration and wound channel capabilities.

People can say what they want, but this testshows the real deal, nothing performs better than the Grim Reaper! And they encouraged other manufactures to duplicate the test to see if they come up with the same results.

The Grim Reaper is covered by 13 different patents!!!!!

Just watch the Rage explode like a grenade after its fired through a steel drum, while the Grim Reaper is not even damaged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qLegGlYwE
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tell you what. Everyone on here has made somegood pointsabout this rage head, some of the pictures speak for themselves. I don't beleive the deer my buddy shot at moved one bit(She was gut shot and not doing to well)or that he missed his spot, he's not going to lie to me to cover up his mistake, he's not built that way! Whatever happend, happened i guess, who knows! He swithched heads after that and now shoots them Reapers. And yes Matt I am conservative, very conservativeto be exact when it comes to bow hunting!! I've been around it for years, all my life, i've got every reason to be conservative and concerned of what is going onin bow hunting today. Not once in this post did I tell people do not shoot rages, all i said was a I seen an example of what alot of people claim happens. Question is, Is everybody wrong then that explains something badthat happened with the rage or is everyone full of it? The BH i shoot sure isn't perfect by no means either, but i sure don't jump to its defense every time someone says this or that happened when they shot or hit there deer. What really torks me on here the most i guess is when you get these people that have been involved in bow hunting a year or 2 and they think they know it all,and thenthey jam everything downyour throat as ifyour an idiot and don't know a thing on whatyour talking about! That really bugs me bad!! Everyone that shoots the Rage head, more power to you, I hope they work well for you. Not once would I tell someone not to use one,I would just say there not my type because there not. Whatever is your type go for it!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

It all comes down to your preference. I like the Rage. Never shot a muzzy or anything else so I cant really say they are the best. As far as the BH I have used. These are the best SO far. I like them and right now I see no reason to change. Right now this debate is just coming down to who likes what. Its just like the bows. We all have our preference on them. I also use the 3 blade and had no problem with them when I shot my doe this year. Like I said it all comes down to preference.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear he is shooting the Reapers, they are sick! By the way, I was wrong. The Grim Reaper has 14 different patents, not 13!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:58 PM

This isn't directed at anyone.

I'm an old school guy who bad mouthed mechs for a long time. I'm hardheaded like most of us are but you know what... Stuff changes, so I stepped back and took a closer look at some of these newer designs. I liked what I saw in the Snyper heads so thats the way I went.Since then, I've scored two in a row with that head, one of which was a hard quartering shot that put a nasty 4" gash upon entry before blowing out the other side. I don't think I've ever put that much damage on a deer before. Nasty wound channel.

I'm still not convinced of the blade retention system on the Rage, but a lot of guys here are proving me wrong.What some guys are doing aroundwhere I liveis eliminating the retention ring on the Rage and double banding it, so it's basically a Snyper with a 2" cut.

I'm going to keep using these Snypers but I'll continue to keep an open mind. Bows are better than they used to be...why not broadheads?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Jimmi:

My quiver is a bohning. It "suspends" the heads in the cover vs. securing them into foam. Ive never had a rage head open in the quiver OR from being bumped on stand.

I don't think I just got a good batch, either. I can't fathom why some people are having troublekeeping their NEW (not shot once or twice....maybe at a practice target????) rage heads closed.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Jeff...I wasn't alluding to the quiver probem I've seen discussed here, but more the actual blade retention system itself. The quiver deal would be a non issue for meas well since my Snypers are also suspended.

For me, I just like the rubber band system on the Snyper and feel that they open easier than the Rage. Not bad mouthing the Rage here...just my own observations.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I think Rick James in putting bands on his rage heads.....and even still they;re opening on impact with a sheet of notebook paper. Who knows what it takes to open an unbanded head.....but "less".

When they fail me....I'll switch....but even then it won't be switching back to a fixed head. I have overkill KE....so I might as well take advantage of that by getting the maximum cutting surface into that deer (as Matt/PA eluded to).
Old 11-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Michbowhunter

I am not trying to tell people what to shoot, I am just saying if you see the MYTH BUSTINGvideo by Grim Reaper you will see they outperform every other broadhead on the market.

They mixed ballistic gellatinto FBI and Military standards, put deer shoulders and ribs in frontof it, and stretched deer hide over the shoulder, then, shot every broadhead out there through it to test penetration and wound channel capabilities.

People can say what they want, but this testshows the real deal, nothing performs better than the Grim Reaper! And they encouraged other manufactures to duplicate the test to see if they come up with the same results.

The Grim Reaper is covered by 13 different patents!!!!!

Just watch the Rage explode like a grenade after its fired through a steel drum, while the Grim Reaper is not even damaged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qLegGlYwE
Looks like their marketing methods worked. There is no way i can believe what i see in some videos, its just too easy to sway results in one companys favour. Do you really think they are going to do all these tests and have there broadhead come out second best, of course not. Id love to see on of those make an entrance hole the size of a rage. Dont take this seriously, just some food for thought.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll stick to my Muzzy Phantoms 220 grian broadheads, you guys can keep that debate going. I like to pack a punch..

Quick Reply: Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.