Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do yall like the Rage broadheads >

Do yall like the Rage broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do yall like the Rage broadheads

Old 11-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do yall like the Rage broadheads

They seem to be "The Big Deal" this year. Every year we have a newest and greatest broadhead come out. I've looked at them... sharpness, how they work and all that. I'll stick with my fixed heads.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

Sorry!!! I like my fixed blades. Hit 'em in the right place and they fall no matter what broadhead.
That is so true, but I worry about when I do not hit them in the right place.

I am going to try rage this late season, a broadhead true test is on Marginal hit.
I have used Montecs for a long time 15 for 15. I can tell you all but 1 was a good hit.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell yes, they are awesome BH's.

Just make sure you shoot them at a target before you screw them on and hunt with them. You need to know how they fly out of your bow.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

OMG not another Rage thread.[8D] I'd lay money down saying that Rage has more threads on this forum than any other subject matter. Does the search tool work? lol
Old 11-22-2007, 08:52 AM

The Montec is my tried and true broadhead as well. However, I gave the Rage 2 blade a try this year on Mule deer and was very impressed. Although 5 Shot's tests don't seem to indicate the Rage 2 blade is anything special - and I'm certain they aren't the best head for getting through bone; the amount of rapid blood loss they can cause going through soft tissue and ribs is a big deal. I'm still not sure how they are going to work on animals bigger than deer, though. But for deer and antelope, these broadheads are hard to beat.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Not endorsing one or the other, but as a comparison, the top hole is a 10 day old Montec exit wound. The bottom is the entrance wound from a Rocky Mountain Gator 2 blade which is the same as a Rage.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 AM

For you mechanical junkies, try the videos on " You Tube " regarding the Grim Reaper mechanicals vs the Rage( and others) and the plywood and 55 gal drum test. I think you'll be impressed by what you see and " IF " I ever had a 105 degree fever and lost my senses for a bit and tried a mechanical, after watching the video tests, the Grim Reaper Razor Cut would get my nod!

Until that time, Slick Tricks and Montecs are my ONLY choice!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM

my dad hates them and i can see why. Everytime you bump the arrow or anything the blades open. If you dont notice that and shoot with the blades open, the arrow wont fly well. I also think that since the blades open so easily, they could open in flight. I have never personally used rages, but know people who have,and cant justify the $35 or $40 for a 3 pack. i'll stick with my rockets.