Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages?? >

Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages??

Old 11-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages??

Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages if so 2blade or 3blade.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages??

I wouldn't. But that's my opinion. Not enough KE for me, if I were shooting 50lbs. I would go with a good cut on contact head.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:56 PM

What would be a good broadhead im new to bowhunting i have 2broadheads im borrowing from a freind ive been 5times or so a really like it i wanna start bowhunting alot but dont know what to use.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Yea I wouldn't shoot them with only 50#
Old 11-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

absolutley yes!! the drury boys are only shooting mid 50s and getting pass throughs. They are a cut on contact expandable head with a minimal loss of kinetic energy due to the deployment system. they will not go through a shoulder though so practice alot! a placment broadhead to the max. my buddy shot a big doe at damn near 50 yards, hit the back shoulder. the shoulder shattered. no pass though, but impressive none the less. he is shooting 72#. i would imagine his 50 yards would probably be comparable to your 20 yards. The results even on the non passthough are stunning. a walking blood trail. My complete passthough was absolute carnage. both deer ran no more than 60 yards. very clean kills. any questions, pm me
Shot straight and give em a shot
Old 11-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

but the most important thing is shot placement remeber!! practice at all ranges, farther than you are comfortable with. then when you get one at 25 yards it will be a cinch! and practice and tun with your broadhead practice blades or broadheads. remember to sharpen after the session, no matter what you go with. I love the montecs, and have had great luck with muzzys too. They both fly great.I have also killed deer with expandables. But I have never seen anything quite like these rages. I shoot the 2 blade. better penetration.
sorry for the long posts.
Lol
Have fun
Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah but the Drury's are shooting X-Forces. Which means the speeds are still atleast in the 250-280 range depending on their draw lengths and draw weights.

I would go with something like a Magnus Stinger, or even some Muzzy's. Muzzy's are the best bang for the buck.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Before I went with the muzzy I would go with the slick tricks! JMO.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Tiffany Lakosky shoots a Drenalin at 54lbs with a 25inch draw and she shoots Rage 3 blade. She kills alot of deer. I myself wouldnt do it, but apparently it works.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

I use a 60 lb. bow and ,with 3 blade rages, did not get a pass thru. I should've had a onebutinstead Ilost the deer.

Quick Reply: Would 50lb draw be enough to shoot rages??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.