Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow for defense

Old 11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow for defense

well i would use the bow and take the most ethical shot at the time. but if i didnt have a good shot i think i would have to pass. haha jk. i wouuld have a gun under the bed or nearby. but unless you hit him in the head
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I'd probably just leave out the back door then call the police.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i'll be the first taker....

if thats all i got, i'll give it what i got if im cornered in my room...Bo and Luke Duke never used no guns

but, the chances of that are super unlikely to happen in my house....wont go into details, but anyone stupid enough to break into my house while dad or I is home, well, they will make the stupidest person of the year award IMO...i dont wanna shoot anyone...never wanna be faced with that decision or put into that situation, but i surely aint gunna sit back and end up dead or family dead over some low life...
Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

loaded .45 within arms reach answers this question. big mistake on criminals part! my bow is for hunting, .45 is for protection.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last resort, yes I would use my bow, and try to surprise the intruder with an arrow vs. him knowing I am defending myself with a bow. I have a P229 Sig Sauer chambered in .357 Sigthat says I won't have to resort to this measure ; ) Problem with this scenario is that you cannot legally shoot someone, even if they are in your house unless your life or a family members is under direct threat. So for you to find this out, you would have to be in relatively close proximity, in my opinion to close to have a bow in my hand.

Shane
Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Yep! If that is the most deadly thing I had within reach, I sure would. Like others have said though, slim chance I'll be caught without a loaded firearm with arms reach while in my house.

Edit: sr77, You don't live in Texas do you? Check out the Castle Doctrine.

If an intruder is in your house, you can assume that he is there to do you or your family harm.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree with you shawn if someone is in my house when there not invited there died be it a bow gn knife or my hands i am 375 6'5 i feel safe enough with nothing but i willnot ask soemoe to leave i wont ask them if there armed or tell them i will shoot them

if somene is in my house the only noise they will hear is bang bang bang then there here my phone calling te cops to come get there criminal
a**
Old 11-21-2007, 04:25 PM

shoot the guy in the head. and another thing why are your guns downstairs and in the open. just wondering.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sr77

Problem with this scenario is that you cannot legally shoot someone, even if they are in your house unless your life or a family members is under direct threat. So for you to find this out, you would have to be in relatively close proximity, in my opinion to close to have a bow in my hand.

Shane
He's threatening my life and my childrens life by breaking into MY HOME, MY SPACE, MY LIFE, MY KIDS LIFE.....And yes I can shoot him/her, and I will! Then I will call the police and CLEARLY state to them, while on the phone, the perp broke into my home and threatened myself and my children lives...please send someone out to remove his body from my home....Oh and by the way officer, could you ask the coroner to return my arrow and broadhead, Im going hunting tomorrow...thank you

Quick Reply: bow for defense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.