Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanksgiving break predictions >

Thanksgiving break predictions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanksgiving break predictions

Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 AM

Default RE: Thanksgiving break predictions

No predictions, but a couple of possibilities.....I hope buckeye scores this weekend....I'll be hunting the droptine buck, but our firearms season just closed today. BUT, the area I'm hunting him in hasn't had anyhunting pressure for 3 weeks, so I'm hoping to possibly catch him there...

danscott has been all over them, hopefully he can put some more points on the board for us.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say "I hope buckeye scores", are you hoping him a successful hunt, or is he "in the rut" so to speak? Of course, I guess that could be a "successful hunt" as well.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll get out and I'm hoping for the best! Thanksgiving weekeng has always been good to me!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Its firearms season here in WI, so I'm home here on the computer. I can see deep into the future......I predict I will not go hunting at all.....I'll be hanging with my wife, son and my family for Thanksgiving at the cabin. Then, back home to pack for Saskatchewan...leaving Saturday.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I predict mass chaos as us flatlanders take over PA.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

This break is kind of special to me. I've been at college in New Hampshire since Sept. 1st this year...which is about 600 miles from my home in Erie, PA. I love it up here, but I miss this hunting back home. I'm leaving UNH later tonight and will be home around noon tomorrow. This will be there first time I've been home, seen my family, and my hunting grounds since September. When I first came up to UNH, I didn't think I was going to be able to come home the weekend, but things fell into place and I was able to. I even was able to buy my plane tickets in such a way that I can hunt about 5-6 hours of the opening day of PA's rifle season. It's a weird feeling that I have right now about hunting deer with a rifle. The last few years I've really gone away from my gun and have focused mainly on archery and flintlock hunting. I didn't even really get excited for the opening day of rifle like I did for archery or flintlock. But this year is different. I can't remember being this excited for rifle season to start since the first year I ever hunted. I still feel torn because I can't take my bow out with me (it will be left at UNH) and the flintlock isn't a great option since I won't have time to clean it. I'm not a huge fan of rifle hunting, but that's all I've got right now.....and I'm excited. I don't care if I get a deer or see a deer.....I'm going to be hunting...and I'm pumped. The fact that things fell into place in such a way that I even get the chance to hunt is enough for me.

So my prediction for the weekend. I won't get a deer with my bow...I won't get a deer with my flintlock....I don't care if I get a deer at all. I'm going to be hunting...and that makes me happy....so that's my prediction.

Good luck everyone....and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im off until Monday, Ill be in the woods all day tomorrow and Fri. I finally saw some good movement last night for the first time this year, it was real good which is what I normally expect to see this time of year but so far movement has been minimal. I saw more buckslast nightthan I have the last15 days all together probably, with some of the big boys I was after early on FINALLY showing themselves. It will have to be something really nice being as Ive already taken 2 bucks and 2 does but after what I saw lst night Im rejuvenated, want to get in tehre before the orange army starts this sat.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:12 AM

I am leaving college for home noon on thursday. Will have that evening to hunt as well as friday and saturday. My predictions are I will kill a decent buck on my alfalfa or my barn field with the rifle and either another buck or doe out of my bow stand up against the creek. She is do or die my only 2.5 days of hunting during the rut. I am gauranteed meat though, slaughtering a beef[8D] Friday morning once i get back from Hunting. Good luck to everyone else. Hadour thanksgiving in october so no turkey for me.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to try to do the same, except with my mathews and I am actually going to watch a different game i guess, the lions will beat the packers at home!

ORIGINAL: USAF_hunter

I perdict I will thin out the doe population with the TC Encore and then watch the Packers beat the Lions.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Im off until Monday, Ill be in the woods all day tomorrow and Fri. I finally saw some good movement last night for the first time this year, it was real good which is what I normally expect to see this time of year but so far movement has been minimal. I saw more buckslast nightthan I have the last15 days all together probably, with some of the big boys I was after early on FINALLY showing themselves. It will have to be something really nice being as Ive already taken 2 bucks and 2 does but after what I saw lst night Im rejuvenated, want to get in tehre before the orange army starts this sat.
Hey big D..what else can you get?? You're done on Bucks right?? Or can you get more??