Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many continue? >

How many continue?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many continue?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many continue?

Outside of using a shotgun for doves, I haven't gun hunted in more than 20 years. Although, I wouldn't mind getting back into muzzleloading. Got my eye on a Hawken rifle and I've still got my powder horn and possibles bag with all the accoutrements....
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM

i take both. i keep the gun on the stand in front of me(i face the tree) and i hang my bow up too. i like to be able to get some distance in case a big boy walks out at 80yds. i did this for the first time saturday and shot a doe w/ the bow at 30yds. i kept on hunting till dark since other deer cant hear the bow.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Spike

hunt firearm with my dad for a few days, got a doe this year... saved my buck tag for this deer im chasing with a bow. i have 2 more days to fill it for firearm, but i still have a buck tag for archery...
Old 11-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Here in upstate NY I hunt opening day (Sat 11/17)..I then put the 30.06 away and pickup the bow again until the end...

Dave
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

I wish Iowa would let us have that choice. We aren't allowed to bowhunt throughout the 2 slug seasons which lasts three consecutive weekends. More than half the month of Dec. is no bow.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with a firearm, rifle or revolver, during the gun season. I need every advantage I can get.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 AM

Once you go bow, it's hard to go back.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I do both. I got two bucks this year, one with the bow, one with the rifle. I prefer bow hunting more, but rifle season is great for the comaraderie.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM

I use the xbow until gun season starts, then I switch to the rifle, and back again at the end. I also use the xbow during gun season in places where I can only bowhunt. I really like bowhunting, but I like using my firearms for something other than paper targets. I recognize more skill is involved using a bow, but I refuse to take part in any choice-of-hunting-weapon snobbery.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:59 PM

I will use whatever is most effective for that season. I enjoy hunting and LOVE shooting my bow but I'm not to the point yet where I want to make it harder than it needs to be. Maybe when I'm older?

I really only look to take one deer a year anyway. If I don't get one during bow season I break out the shotgun or inline.

I'm hoping MI passes a law like Indiana did where we could use straight wall pistol cartridges in a carbine rifle. I will have a lever action 44 mag pretty darn quick if that happens.

Paul

Quick Reply: How many continue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.