Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What changes are you making to your equipment this winter? >

What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Have a professional res-string my bow and align everything. Align my string release, paper test, my sights, etc. I have never done that with any bow that I've had...I just learned to shoot and adjust, over and over until I was hitting good. I want someone to make my life easier and align everything properly on my bow, so I can just concentrate on my form. Other than that, I would like to get an arrow saw to perfectly cut my arrows. I have cut them as best as I could the last 3 years on my own. Probably would like to buy a smoother more sensitive release....any suggestions on releases would help me out.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

I am retiring the AR 31 in favor of a bow with an 80% let off. I have already picked up some accessories for my new purchase, just haven't decided on a new set up yet.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Took off my ultra rest, put a golden premier rest back on.

Going old school[8D] Going to try rage two blade
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I may switch arrows. I currently shoot ACCs and have no complaints but I'd like to shoot a heavier arrow, so I'm thinking about FMJs. Plus I could use Tracer Nocks with FMJs and they don't fit my 3-49 ACCs.

Maybe a new string and an increase in draw weight, but other than that I'm very happy with my set up.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

No change here...I do need to buy a dozen arrows...
Old 11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Spike

new release, and or take off my d loop.. Have bow tuned professionally, new pre-stretched string and tubeless peep. Alot Of Practice
Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Would like a new bow..May or may not be in the budget.

As much as I like the HHA optimizer sight, Prior to next years opener I will be back to a 5 pin sight. As a deer is approaching I'm finding I don't like having to worry about adjusting the pin to a given distance. It's just one more thing to do..that isn't neccessary in my opinion.

If the Alley makes it till January..it will need new Strings/Cables.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Same thing ive done the last 6 years, nothing. If it aint broke, I aint going to fix it.

I am about to start making a new trad bow. My first try at starting from a stave. Ive backed and finished a few of my trad bows, but never cut one from a blank stave. It will be an interesting venture.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll probably grab another dozen of the samearrows. This time, I'm going with those Rayzr feathers instead of the standard Gateways that I've been using forever. More elaborate crestings this time around. $100 for that.

I also need another retractable gear cord, b/c I broke mine (trying to stretch it past 25'). Another $25.

My Alpha Burly's ($90) are demolished, so it's time to replace them before turkey season. There's basically no tread left, and the neoprene is like swiss cheese. I can't even step in a mudpuddle anymore. My daypack ($40) also has one foot in the grave with zippers busting, seams pulling apart, and a few holes that appear to be growing... My scentlok gloves are also torn apart, so that's another $40 in replacement costs. And a couple gallons of scent killer per the annual usage ($50).

I'll be definitely sticking with the same stand/bow/rest/sight/quiver/stabilizer/STS/optics/camo etc...

I'll beswapping outmy used-up 2007 hunting licenses for some fresh new 2008 blank ones ($200).

So, lookslike I'll need to budget around$500 just to replace what I ruined this season, and another $1000 for deer-related fuel in '08. Hopefully all that energy translates into a couple nice bucks. If not, this guy will be one angry little man. [>:]

Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first thing that I am doing after the season is over, is going down to Baltimore to see Len in Maryland at his shop, so he can give me the once over on my setup and draw length. I still think it might be a tad long.

Shane

Quick Reply: What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.