Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best buck ever!!!! (Story on pg 4) >

Best buck ever!!!! (Story on pg 4)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best buck ever!!!! (Story on pg 4)

Old 11-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best buck ever!!!!

WOW!! Awesome deer! Looks like the buck of a lifetime to me!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go fire diver, Congrats on a great buck!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

lordy
Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rack tracker

Not much of a storie, but a heck of a buck!

Sorry

BRIANHEITTER and I had a blast again last night!!!!

We headed out last night to a stand that I specifically set up for hunting with a cameraman and a decoy. I got “bucky” set up and we were ready to go by 3:00 pm. At 3:02 a small 5 point came in and bedded down right behind us.

At 4:30 a doe entered the field from the opposite side (we were on a 60 yard wide finger of corn) and she was about 40 yards away when I spotted her. (Overhanging branches blocked my view to where she entered the field). She walked towards our setup, angling slightly away from the decoy.

FYI….I was using a one antlered decoy.

Anyway….I had mentioned to “Brian” that I would take a big doe if given the opportunity but found myself just watching her. I started thinking to myself that Brian was probably wondering why I hadn’t stood up yet and grabbed my bow…..especially with the doe at 30 yards now and just about at the perfect spot to take the shot.

I was just getting ready to tell him to get ready when…..SHOOTER….SHOOTER!!!!!! Brian was already filming the doe and easily panned back to this brute that was following about 20 yards behind. As I stood to get ready….the doe continued off to our left and the big buck hooked back to his left and headed straight for the decoy.

Everything was perfect and the buck was following the script “line for line”. The buck puffed up and layed his ears back. At 20 yards I just about took the shot but he turned to a hard quarter before I could settle the pin on him. I had the decoy set up at 30 yards and in a position that if a buck went nose to nose with it….it would be a perfect slight quartering shot.

Well…..the buck followed that part of the script as well and when he was nose to nose with the decoy I sent my “BROADHEAD OF DEATH”….the Hellrazor on its way. The shot entered in the back portion of the ribcage and exited right behind the opposite shoulder. He turned and ran 10 yards before stopping to try and figure out what just had just happened.

He started blowing large amounts of blood out of the entrance wound and I knew it would be all over soon. He ran took off and ran another 20 yards and tipped over 30 yards from the decoy!!!!!!

This is when it got very interesting. The 5 point decided to get up and investigate the noise that interrupted his catnap. As he entered the field from under us…..another small buck came in from our right. The two met in the middle of the field and sniffed around the big buck. They then started sparring a bit before basket #2 decided he didn’t like what was going on and left the scene.

The 5 point then headed over to the decoy and started sniffing around. I had sprayed HS Dominant Buck around the decoy and he seemed to like it…..TOO much. He jumped up and started violating my decoy!!! He struggled a bit but was able to assume “the position”. Just as he thought things were going well for him……the decoy fell over.

That didn’t stop him and before you knew it…..he was back to treating my decoy like a prom date!! Haha We filmed this for a while but since we didn’t have the proper soundtrack playing in the background, we decided to break up his party. I climbed down….and instead of the buck running away, he walked right up to within 20 yards of me. (Must have been the cologne I was wearing haha)

This buck would not leave!!!! I walked towards him and he just ran back into the field. I headed back for the truck while Brian stayed in the tree to get some more footage. When I returned, that buck was still standing there and let me drive right up to him. We cleaned up the buck, closed out the hunt, put the decoy way, took pictures, etc etc….and that buck would not leave.

My best buck by far…….and I was able to share the experience with a friend. I went for “meltdown” after the shot and I’m afraid to see the footage. I honestly don’t remember what I said and I’m just praying I said the right things!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, congrats on the buck. I'd say he was worth the wait. Great story too, I couldn't stop laughing. I even read the juicy parts to my wife who found it funny as well. I guess that little buck found love.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amazing buck and awesome story! Congrats on an incredible hunt!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:30 AM

Very nice buck, and good story!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best buck ever!!!! (Story on pg 4)

Congrats,great buck.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best buck ever!!!! (Story on pg 4)

Cool story and again, super buck.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good lord what a buck