Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why are some hunters such a-holes!! >

Why are some hunters such a-holes!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are some hunters such a-holes!!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why are some hunters such a-holes!!

Where do you hunt in Maryland? Seems like this is a pretty common thing in Maryland. There is a piece of land that only my father, brother and I are allowed to hunt. My Dad just went up to check on his ladder stand last week and when he got to its location, all he found was his cable lock that had been cut. This is the 4th or 5th tree stand that we have had stolen from the property and all stands were locked up just like your camera.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I can't fathom how someone can trespass and then take proceed to take anothers property. [:@]
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 AM

I really hate hearing stories like this. We all spend alot of money on our gear, weapons,clothing,gadgets, just to have some lowlife scumsucker take it. Ive had stands stolen no cameras yet, but it just makes me mad to know that there are people like that out there. I was just thinkin....maybee an old sharpened stick booby trap Rambo style!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

After losing a few stands and one camera over the yearsI don't leave anything in the woods unless I hunt a tree till dark and am back the next morning before light.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

I generally teach hunter responsibility and hunter ethics on our MD Hunter Safety Team.I am tuned to these issues,and along with everyone else, Ican't phantom how some folks abandon their sense of decency and fairness when they step into the woods... Tribal got it right - theseidiots who trespass and steal do not deserve the title "hunters".

We all feel the pain -- I too have had cameras stolen and vandalized, deal with rogue ATV'ers carving donuts in my clover fields, and had a tree stand stolen. Our only hope is for thelegal system tograsp theseriousness ofthe issues and slap fines, confiscate equipment, and end hunting priviledges when these guys get caught.

Everytime I see one of these posts, it opens up an oldwound. An especially irritating episode occured ~9 yrs ago: I tracked down the guy who had possession of my stolen (Camtrakker) camera. (I had called Camtrakker and gave them the serial #; the idiot called Camtrakker for instructions and they passed his name and address to me). I got hold of the sheriff's deputy (Officer Potter)who handled the case and said that this guy(Bill) whosehome address was 20 miles away must have gotten the camera fromsome local. Potter told me he wouldcharge Bill withfelony possession of stolen property if he didn't give up the "local". Well, Potterrefused to arrest Bill (accepting his "supported", but lame, alibi of buying it from a stranger in Fred's Sporting Goods(Waldorf, MD) parking lot); Potter told me to be "happy" that I got my camera back, as most stolen property is never recovered... Well, come 6 months later, Ifind out that the guy who worked at Fred's and supported Bill's alibi had bought a lot adjacent to my farm at the time my camera was stolen! Duh!, the damn deputy (Officer Potter) refused to do anything about it, saying it was closed as far as he was concerned. I never got justice[:@][:@].

It's just the way things are handled in So MD... the legal system has drugs, rapes, murders, home invasions, etc etc to worry about, and just doesn't see poaching and trespass as a issue...

-fsh
Old 11-16-2007, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

HACKS!!! A bad name for us ethical, respectful hunters!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hell thats nothing you should see what our so called neighbor did to our land with his brush hog.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 AM

that relly sucks!!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know it's too bad all states don't have laws like Texas where you can legally use lethal force to protect your person AND PROPERTY.

And before some of you say that a camera isn't worth killing someone over..... The criminalshould take that into consideration before making the choice to put their lives in danger over such a silly thing as a camera. If it's worth it to them then it's worth it to me.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM

That sucks...I have had 5 tree stands stolen..4 chain-ons with locks and one climber that I left in a tree one night and went back in the morning to climb back up the tree and my lock was cut andthe stand was gone...We are talking semi-private land...I only know of two-three other guys that bow hunt the area and all deny it...Needless to say I take the stand out everytime now...

Dave
Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM

A deer will cause people to do crazy things.

Quick Reply: Why are some hunters such a-holes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.