Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NO time to hunt

Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Spike

Default NO time to hunt

Hey, I was just thinking.... Lately I have had no time to hunt. Besides the weekends, and still then my girlfriend always wants quality time. After daylight savings time I cant hit the woods after work. i went out last weekend for opening day of firearm season in southern missouri. Its just depressing, especially when im trying to bag this non- typical around my parents house. My buddy that works for the conserv. dept. took the whole month of Nov. just to hunt everyday. Sorry for going on and on, just have to vent... Im going to get that non-typ., im determined...

jesse
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NO time to hunt

You can't hunt after dark--just schedule quality time for the evening and make sure that she knows that she's important enough to you that you make sure to make time for her.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 AM

I feel your pain. I have been in my stand for a total of about 10 hours this season. I have A LOT of stuff going on right now. My number one priority isn't hunting so it takes a back seat to some things.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM

If she can't understand you need the time to hunt one month out of the year she needs to go. Simple as that. It friggin amazes me when guys say there wife or girl won't let them go hunt.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

bonzel--It took me a long time to learn this....you HAVE to earn some "emotional credit" with women that can later be used(IE--hunting time). Do small things for her all the time, then surprise her occasionally. Take her out on dates during the week...have flowers sent to her work. Each time you do that you earn a "credit" It sounds funny but I am serious brother. You only live ONCE, go get that buck!

shadow
Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM

My wife doesn't even try it. I love her, and I love my kids. But she agreed to at least 2 days during the week, and on Sat. Sunday is their day or our day as a family. Besides, my wife doesn't want me around if I can't go hunting. She knows it's my passion, my primal scream. She wouldn't like me when I can't get in some huntin time.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not making time to hunt will impact you time with her. She should understand that. It is like her shopping time (or whatever she does).
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Spike

Well, shes pretty cool. i just got her to take the hunters safety course and she wants to go hunting with me. Which is cool and everything I guess I need to teach her alot of things, like the way I do things. I think she wants to get into archery. I think I might get her a diamond edge.... she bought me my diamond black ice fully loaded at the beggining of the seasonAlso I need time hunting alone and with my buddys.... we'll see what happens
Old 11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Also I need time hunting alone and with my buddys.... we'll see what happens"

Bonzel..make it happen dang it! I promise you if you do the little things all week, you will get your time in the woods bud. Give and take...sounds like a great girlfriend buying your bow and then going to the Hunters safety course..good stuff.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

Bring a picture of her with you so you know what she looks like when you're done.

You may have to get some help from one of those that specialize in picture aging techniques!

Quick Reply: NO time to hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.