Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do with the Jewels !!???

We cut ours off in Wi Im not sure why NJ has such an idiot law. We hang ours from our ball hitches lol
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I remove them as part of field dressing but I also tag it appropriately. As long as you leave the head intact, the registration station will have no difficultly determining whether it is "antlerless" or a "buck." Unless you hunt in a place where it's truly a matter of "doe" vs "buck," it won't matter whether you remove it for registration purposes.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

They say that you have to keep something in tacked to prove what it is. Whether it be the basket or the balls. there have been does taken with horns so if you want to tag it as a doe you better prove it is a doe. Same goes with a button buck. You can tag it as a doe as long as the horns are no longer than 3 inches.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The taters of every buck I have ever shot regardless of size(the size of the buck)have been hung up in a tree out of the reach of the yotes. I figure it's the least I can do..
Well I guess I could take them home and parboil then fry them but I just can't bring myself to do it. I HEAR they are great!!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't think of any reason to keep them. Certainly not the trophy I am looking for!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cut 'em off,Hang'em in a tree.At our onehunting areawe take the deer to a spot to gut and it has the NUT TREE.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gplant

Cut 'em off,Hang'em in a tree.At our onehunting areawe take the deer to a spot to gut and it has the NUT TREE.
now thats funny...........
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Spike

I saw an old timer on one of the cable hunting shows use a mixture of alcohol (Vodka), glycerin and the material from inside the testicle to make a homemade deer lure/cover scent. It is supposed to have a pretty good shelf life. I kept waiting for him to hit the vodka bottle during the procedure "one for the recipe, one for the chef" but he did not for the video segment.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.