HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shot nice PA buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/217686-shot-nice-pa-buck.html)

Bradkoz 11-14-2007 11:16 AM

Shot nice PA buck

last week, computer has been down for a long time.

my brother shot a small 6pt after he saw a big buck in his spot (he doesnt care about racks, hes gotten a few big ones and the racks are on a shelf in his garage just piled up) anyway that night he tells me he wants me to hunt in there just in a different tree a few mornings later. well the day before i was supposed to hunt in there i was sick and stayed home from work. woke up around 1pm and just figured sitting in the woods would be just as good as sitting watching tv. called him up and he took me in. an hour later i felt so sick i was actually thinking of leaving. but pushed my self to stay.

around 4pm i saw a body of a deer and it was already in bow range (40yrds) i watched it for ten minutes and i didnt move so i thought it was just a log and went to sit down half way down to the seat i could see legs and stood back up. another 5 minutes and this deer still didnt even flinch then all of a sudden i see rack and body come up and hit her rear and then the worst thing see turned and trotted up the hill. he followed and they ate together and started doing a half circle around me and no call seem to matter to him but i noticed she looked around when i bleated. as they were about to go away and jump a fence i bleated a few times and she started walking my way. bleated more and she just kept coming in.he followed but at a distance. she got to 25yrds and i could shoot her there but as she got closer no more shots all the way to 5yrds nothing tree in the way. i knew i had to shoot him in that whole. he was really cautious. finally got in the spot i wanted and i drew and grunted to stop him and fired. at that second i watched him throw his head up (the shot was 1/4 to a little) and WHACK!!!! i hit him in the rack. he turned around i put another one in and drew but he wasnt in the open anymore and he was now looking at me. i held for about 2-3 minutes and started shaking like crazy from holding it back. finally he took a few steps toward the doe and i let it go. he ran up near me in the open and i almost got another shot. he still didnt know what happen and then reallized it and took off.

the arrow was going into him and i thought for sure i was in for an over night wait to start tracking. he ran the way my brother brought me in so i got down with light left so i could find my way out the other direction (never been in these woods before) as i made it out to the field (thikning i got him but disapointed in the shot) i looked over and 50yrds from the truck was rack sticking up in the grass. he circled around me and died within 150yrds. my arrow was a little better then i though tucked near the shoulder and i got one lung the liver stomach and then went throught he back leg bone (yes through it) and stuck into the hide i think it also got the artery back there cause the blood was unreal.

i can never get pics on here so if someone would let me e-mail them to them and post for me that would be awsome. id also like to know what you think he scored. hes at the taxidermist so i can measure but he had 18" spread and mass all the way up that i could just get my fingers around. 7pts. he weighed 175lbs dressed.

Bradkoz 11-14-2007 10:03 PM

RE: Shot nice PA buck

just a heads up that when the pics get posted they dont do the mass any justice id say the bases are 5+" and up in between the g2 and end is still 4+" and that mark on the browe is where mybrodhead cut into the horn. both heads are still perfect just need to sharpen (ive got replacements though)

Jimimac 11-15-2007 02:59 AM

Here ya go Brad. Nice buck!!! Congrats.

Jimimac 11-15-2007 03:01 AM

another

Cute kid.

Jimimac 11-15-2007 03:02 AM

One more...

virginiashadow 11-15-2007 03:08 AM