HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   gona get me some broad heads.... what to get?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/217604-gona-get-me-some-broad-heads-what-get.html)

switchbackXT_shooter 11-13-2007 09:23 PM

gona get me some broad heads.... what to get??

well guys, I had nap expandables but I ended up shooting squirrels with them. now they are dull (I had shot into the target with them some also) and cant find replacement blades for them. I would like to use them, but the troubles with the blades...
Any ways while I was looking for blades I noticed some eastman outfitters expandables, after three shots on the broad head target they were toast. actually flung apart in flight one did, did not shoot any more. the rest are heading to the trash.
Now I cant hunt with out broad heads, but I cant spend a lot of money either im on a limited budget here. also I think i might be done with expandables. looking for fixed heads here.
Ive been looking at the ole' bass pro site and they show a 6 pack of muzzy mx3 for under $20, Im just worried these are going to be a nother "you get what you pay for" deal.

Are these good heads? has any one on here used them?? please let me know if you have Im looking to get a good set of hunting heads reall soon. thanks

moose1915 11-13-2007 09:24 PM

RE: gona get me some broad heads.... what to get??

light years ahead of the crap youve been shootin!

Hoytsthebest 11-13-2007 09:50 PM

rage

switchbackXT_shooter 11-13-2007 09:56 PM

I dont think im going with expandables. thanks though.

todd a smith 11-13-2007 11:41 PM

muzzy or slick tricks

MN/Kyle 11-14-2007 12:08 AM

Strikers by G5

Schultzy 11-14-2007 12:53 AM

3 blade snuffer! Its a cut on contact head.

Jimimac 11-14-2007 03:32 AM

Those Muzzy's you've been eyeballing will be fine.

buckbomb711 11-14-2007 05:37 AM

MX3 MUZZY are a great broadhead i shot a 110 pound doe earlier this year it was a clean pass through, right through the boiler room blood everywhere and the deer only went ten yards and at that price its reasonable to buy replacment blades but honestly they were still sharp as a razor coming out IMO these are great broadheads and fly nice and straight

mobow 11-14-2007 05:54 AM

1 of 2. Slick Tricks, or Magnus Stingers. I've killed deer w/ both, and both are about 24 bones for 3 heads. Couldn't go wrong w/ either.

nchawkeye 11-14-2007 05:57 AM

I've been using Muzzys and Thunderheads for 25 years or so, they work well.

BIGBUCK17 11-14-2007 08:08 AM

G5 montecs work good for a fixed blade

NCRemington700 11-14-2007 08:13 AM

Muzzy 3 blade!! This year so far...2 does and a coyote...pass throughs on all three. On one of the does I got a pass through both shoulders. Bad THROUGH the bone!

Doughboy2 11-14-2007 08:14 AM

I shot a very nice 10 pt with a Muzzy. I am tell you, the devastation that these broadheads cause is uncredible!! I had a complete pass thru, the deer went 40 yards, and I saw him go down. It demolished both lungs and heart. IMO, muzzy's are the best!

wis_bow_huntr 11-14-2007 09:05 AM

MX 4's

switchbackXT_shooter 11-14-2007 12:18 PM

how has the accuracy of the mx3's been? do they group well?? some adds say they will go right to where your field points went, true or false?

ahunter55 11-14-2007 12:26 PM

"ANY"model Rocky Mountain Broadhead. I've been shooting them since they came on the market in the 70s.. Elk, Deer, Boar, Buffalo, Caribou, Bears & a lot more have fallen to them for me-always dependable.

smokyghost 11-14-2007 02:04 PM

Muzzy.expandables are good until you hit bone and then your done.

NCRemington700 11-14-2007 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: switchbackXT_shooter

how has the accuracy of the mx3's been? do they group well?? some adds say they will go right to where your field points went, true or false?
I don't shoot the mx3's but I do shoot the regular 3 blade 100 gr and yes, they do hit in the same spot as my field points at all my yardages.

Hoytsthebest 11-14-2007 03:23 PM

shuttle tlocks... i think thats what they are called. they work great! but kind of pricey

switchbackXT_shooter 11-14-2007 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: switchbackXT_shooter

I don't shoot the mx3's but I do shoot the regular 3 blade 100 gr and yes, they do hit in the same spot as my field points at all my yardages.
did they both hit where the field points hit? im thinking ill just get some mx3's. they sold in a 6 pack at 20 bux,:D

Roskoe 11-14-2007 03:45 PM

The 3 blade Muzzy you are talking about aren't the MX3. The ones that come six to a pack are the olderoriginal three blade Muzzy. Great head. Called the "Remington 870" of broadheads by a local shop. Shouldn't have any trouble finding replacement blades. The MX3's come three to a pack (for about the same price as six of the original ones), and are a shorter broadhead with slightly thicker blades.

In the long term, however, the G5 Montec might be the most cost effective head. They are almost indestructable and can be resharpened again and again. Short term . . . . get the Muzzysixpack.

gzg38b 11-14-2007 04:30 PM

The Muzzy's are very economical and they are a great broadhead.

Another good one is Magnus Stingers. They have a lifetime guarantee and can be resharpened.

Myself, I like my slick tricks, and I don't see myself changing any time soon.