HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Big accomplishment for a fellow bowhunter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/217586-big-accomplishment-fellow-bowhunter.html)

Diesel77 11-13-2007 08:03 PM

Big accomplishment for a fellow bowhunter

This is my buddy Bobby. He is 52 and loves deer hunting, hes been at it since he was 16. He is hearing impaired/deaf. He tried bow hunting for years, took a few Does and some small bucksbut becameextremely frustrated by not being able to hear the deer coming and often saw the white flags running away so he hung his bow up some 10 years ago and stuck to only gun hunting. I explained that he should try and set up in spots where deer have a smaller narrower travel routes, funnels, fingers, field corners,etc, instead of hunting in big open hardwoods so we put up a few stands for him. He went out this year, we shot a few bows and he picked up a Mathews Drenalin. Tonight I went out with him and he shot his biggest bow buck to date, not a monster but to him it is. Im very proud and happy for him. Needless to say he is hooked on bowhunting again. This guy is the first one to come help find a deer, and the last one to give up. He's hunted about 30 days this season and definately earned this buck. Great job Bobby

Finch 11-13-2007 08:06 PM

RE: Big accomplishment for a fellow bowhunter

Thats awesome! Congrats to him!

I was in the treestand last week or so thinking about how difficult it would be to bowhunt being deaf.Thats one heck of a accomplishment IMO.

mobow 11-13-2007 08:08 PM

That is one of the very best stories I've read this year! Stories like that just tug at my heart......Big, big congrats to him! and you.

MGH_PA 11-13-2007 08:08 PM

Wow, great post. This really puts things into perspective. Congrats to him 10X!!

schliker 11-13-2007 08:16 PM

congrats!

WakeCow 11-13-2007 08:18 PM

Good for him

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-13-2007 08:18 PM

WOW....and i thought that it was hard.....wow.....He earned more congrats than i can give, but.....

CONGRATS!!!!

WAY TO GO BOBBY!!!!

jmbuckhunter 11-13-2007 08:26 PM

Good for him!! I bet he is hooked for life now. Congrats!!

gzg38b 11-13-2007 08:32 PM

That's too cool! Awesome story, and a great buck too.

By the way, is there any way a Walkers Game Ear could help your buddy, or some other type of hearing aid? Or is the hearing loss too severe for anything to make a difference?

IAhuntr 11-13-2007 09:15 PM

Congrats to both of you. Him for the deer, and you for being a good friend. That being said, My hearing is fine and those suckers still always seem to sneak up on me out of nowhere. Now a squirrel or a 'coon coming through the woods sounds like a Mac truck, but deer sure are stealthy for having four hooves!