Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting alone

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Hunting alone

I've bowhunted alone since I started. That way if I screw up I know I'm the only one to blame.
I don't have the same schedule as alot of my buddies either.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

I mostly hunt alone or with my dad. I usually go alone because no one i know is as committed and passionate about it as i am. The whole getting out and putting in thehours isnt alot of peoples idea of enjoyment, they just want the glory of shooting something every time out. I harvested my first bow deer when i was out by myself and it was an awesome feeling. Sometimes i like the company but i also like only having to worry about myself.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 PM

This was my first year out with a bow, have done all the practice, prepared myself for anything,but hunting to me is all about the hunt, the preparedness for the season, the life that is out there other then your damn job, buck or no buck I always cherish the time I can spend with a good hunting buddie.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I've spent most of my life hunting alone. I was hunting alone at age 8 in the Adirondacks, 55 years ago. About my only break from that was a few years hunting with Len in Maryland. Oh I've had social hunts and the such, but my serious time in the woods is alone.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 PM

i find it really hard to hunt with a partner because i cant keep my mouth shut. however it is a great time when i can because it really creates lots of great memories!!! especially if you video tape the hunts.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 PM

My Dad is my huntin' buddy, and it'sgiven us a father/son relationship that I've never seen with anybody else. We hunt togther at least 50% of the time (same area, but not right next eachother), but at the same time, when he's tied up or I can't make it, the other is still out there enjoying the hunt. We'veboth been in eyeshot and watched the other make a kill or two. . .and there is something very special about those moments.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mostly alone now that my Dad has lost a lot of interest. I don't have everyday friends who are hardcore into hunting.I will hunt on occasion witha few of thehunting friends I do have and a few here from HNI I've hunted with. I enjoy getting together with people, but for my every meat of my hunting adventures, its very much solo.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

I always tell my mom that I'm out there with somebody. [:-]

The reality is that 98% of the time I'm out there hunting or trapping by myself.

Last year back in the otherwise desertedparking area, three guys came up to me and asked if I was there by alone. I almost said, "No, my big, short-tempered boyfriend will be here any moment." Instead I just answered "Yes." and hoped they weren't escaped loonies. Turns out they were cool guys asking an innocent question. I have run intoa couple ofweirdos out there though. []
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM

I prefer to hunt alone. I work a crazy work schedule and have 4 kids and a wife that runs her own business. sometimes I have to cancel hunts and sometimes when I do get a chance to hunt I stay in stand all day. I have yet to find anyone else willing to do that. I have a couple buddies that I hunt with once in awhile, just because they ask and I dont want to offend anyone. we usually have fun, but i look forward to solitude.

Quick Reply: Hunting alone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.