Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Supper, anyone?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Supper, anyone?

I had some loin last night boy it was good too. fresh from the butcher.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i use that one also sometimes, i like to add a touch of white vinegar also. it is good
ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I havent eaten yet can I get some leftovers? Seriosly tho, that sounds really good. I have a really good recipe that you need to try. Go to walmart and get you some McCormicks mesquite marinade...It's the powder in one of those little packages. Put your meat in a zip lock and pour the powder in there as well as 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and 1/4 cup water. Let it marinade for as long as you want. I usually do 1/2 a day. Then grill like normal steaks. This is by far the best i have ever had. Give it a try you wont be dissappointed. When i have my mom and sister eating it I know it is good. My sister said it tasted better than filet mignon.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 PM

MightyMo, that sounds pretty darned good actually......Seeins how I find myself fresh out, guess I'll just have to go shoot another one....

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate that! That was an incredible day, and being able to share it with my friends here was an absolute blast! Not bad for my first, eh?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 PM

Jill, grinding burger last night......

Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Yeah, that's right.....I fried up some deer tenderloin with some bacon and onions tonight, havin a little sammich and mac and cheese...

Shot a little doe Friday evening, and voila! Dinner, she is served....

Whatcha'll havin?
A little late for a supper invite. Post a little earlier next time. I am planning on some tenderloin tomorrow night, marinated in Andrea's Steak Sauce. MMMMMM GOOD.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a woman ya got there Dan she even has a cold frosty there. Thats it, im making a trip to the fridge
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I just finished up some grilled tenderloin a few minutes ago. This thread would have definitely made me hungry otherwise!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

mobow, tenderloin or backstrap?

I had some backstrap, seasoned just right and grilled...MMmm MMmm I had them cut in about 3" medallions...Grilled just right and you could cut them with a fork.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

mobow, tenderloin or backstrap?

I had some backstrap, seasoned just right and grilled...MMmm MMmm I had them cut in about 3" medallions...Grilled just right and you could cut them with a fork.
The long ones along the spine......I think those are actually backstrap, the inners are the tenderloins, yes?? Hell, I don't really know, and don't much care.....Sure is GOOOOOOD eatin!!

John, if I would have posted it up much sooner, there wouldn't have been any for me.....[&o] I worked hard to shoot that little gal.......[&:]

(in between naps, that is...)
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are called different everywhere. The inner tenderloin and the backstrap tenderloin...the inner is the Filet Mignon and the backstrap is the Tbone, of course you get both in a Porterhouse Tbone...lol

The inner is much more tender and tasty, thus the Filet Mignon and price...lol

Your dish sounded mMmmm MMmmm minus the onions..lol

Quick Reply: Supper, anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.