Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you guys stay calm?? >

How do you guys stay calm??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you guys stay calm??

Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Default RE: How do you guys stay calm??

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I was just about to say what mobow said, it takes time to learn how to control it, doesn't mean that veterans don't shake and get worked up, we just do it after the shot if we want to be successful.
Stan Potts Anyone??

Thanks for the advice i agree i just need to be more experienced, being only 17... i have the disadvantage of being young enough that i havent seen a ton of deer.

Ryan.
DISadvantage?? Being 17 is a DISadvantage??? Dude, beginning now, just imagine how much you'll know, and good you'll be when you hit 30.......I see no DISadvantage anywhere....
Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

i turn away for a minute and mouth "oh my god" then i thinkabout how
bad i am going to feel if i dont get the bow on this deer"
Old 11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
neb
Typical Buck

After time you will be able to control that emotion. Just like the others have said. The excitemnt is still there but confidence takes over. Any way this is how it worked for me.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:32 PM

I shake around does even.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got lucky this year! From the time I saw my deer to the time he was down was about 20 seconds. Early I had practiced standing up and getting ready to pull back...even thought of killing a small deer (glad I didnt) and even when I knew I wasnt going to shoot it I was pretty much out of control. It was all i could do to keep standing. My legs were nuts. So try to not see the deer until your ready to shoot it. Experience is a blessing, as I have buck fever controlled during gun season.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I just don't worry about it. I take a couple deep breaths and seem to settle in the closer they get. Become the predator. Once in a while I find myself breathing a little heavy and I just close my eyes, take a couple slow breaths... slow in and out... and it all settles down.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

You've got to get into "kill" mode. Don't look at the antlers. Just focus on the spot you want your arrow to hit. Think about when you are going to draw, and where you are going to aim.
I always tell myself that. that i can tell if he is a shooter. until this weekend i saw teh biggest deer i ever saw n lost it stared at them things like none other.

Trust me all u can do is try to think about after teh shot holdin that deer n How u will tell the story. but wait till u c a giant u will lose it all
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Ithink the more you kill the less it effects ya. like the others said its after the shot when I get worked up. I still get a lil shake but not as bad as it use to be.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I really don't have no answer for you.I remember when I use to do this,I don't remember when I stopped.But anymore my heart don't even skip a beat.

I guess when you get it in your head that you are never going to kill a Deer unless you stop him,put the right Pin on him and kill him.Then it comes better with time.

big rockpile
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM

Expect to see him. Role play through your mind when sittin on stand. Where he is going to come from, how your going to grab your bow, when to draw......stuff like that. Pretend your a hitman and there to do a job, kind of barbaric and not the things to tell anti's but it works. I never get worked up until after the shot or after they pass by out of range. But if you don't get excited you might as well find something new.

Quick Reply: How do you guys stay calm??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.