Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lessons learned - 2007 Deer Season >

Lessons learned - 2007 Deer Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lessons learned - 2007 Deer Season

Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Lessons learned - 2007 Deer Season

1. Were all among friends here, my lessoned learned.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff and I talked about this one and I think we're in agreement.

As we learn, as we grow, and even as we become much more confident in our abilities and shot placement. The stricter our "opportunities" become.

And my suck-up post.

When the a Brother is down, when the times are tough..through all the BS and (mostly) friendly mud~slinging. This board Rocks! The vibes set forth by the veterans seem to be transcended down to the newest member.

What an encouraging and supportive force we can be.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

And I forgot.....

Next year I wanna kill LESS deer. I think a 2-3 deer season would ROCK!

Good stuff, GR8. Hear! Hear!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's always hope...
Stay positive, look over the next hill
Planning works better than dreaming
A few seconds can change everything
binos are a must
You can sing or cry; choose to sing
Hunting is about sharing... 24/7/365. Open your door. The goodness comes back twice fold.
Prayers work
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My stand over the ditch behind the lake isbecoming my alltime favorite. I took my third nice buck there this year.

Never leave your stand while it is still light enough to shoot. Almost cost me my buck this year.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Bartender

At the same time obey your game laws.
ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

My stand over the ditch behind the lake isbecoming my alltime favorite. I took my third nice buck there this year.

Never leave your stand while it is still light enough to shoot. Almost cost me my buck this year.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

The lesson I learned, the hard way, always be prepared. My friend and me were coming back in to the woods after a lunch break, No sooner then I hauled my bow up in the stand, a decent buck wandered into range, well actually right under me. I did not have an arrow nocked yet nor did I have my release on yet. Needless to say, I would not have been able to get a shot anyway since he stayed tight to my tree and on the off side where I could not shoot anyway. Lesson is, always be ready and expect the unexpected. Stay safe and have a good season.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM

I just learned a hard lesson this morning. I've been fortunate enought be cleanly kill most all deer that I've shot at. My confidence shooting at deer is extremely high. This A.M. I had a beautiful buck just at first light and all I had was a marginal shot at him. I figured I could take the shot no problem with the good streak I've been on. To make a long story short, I never recovered the buck. I will NEVER EVER take another marginal shot again. I no better than this and I'm kicking myself for taking that shot. I guess I got caught up in the moment. I've been bowhunting for a long time and I stress this to every Newbie about marginal shots and I go ahead and do it myself. I'm extremely dissapointed in myself. I just have to move on and learn from it.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

#9 happened to me this year
I proved #16 wrong this year[:@]Hills suck majorly when dragging a 200+ lb deer.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM

#1 Allways be ready to shoot!!!

I missed my chance at my first bow buck (nice 8 pt) had the bow hanging on a hook next to me in my stand, buck poped out of nowhere right under my stand. Grab the bow, buck looks straight up at me and bolts off.

Quick Reply: Lessons learned - 2007 Deer Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.