Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chaulk one up for Beauregard the hound! >

Chaulk one up for Beauregard the hound!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chaulk one up for Beauregard the hound!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Chaulk one up for Beauregard the hound!

Took a deer this morning and watch the deer drop. Thank God for razor sharp heads because the shot was tough and the hit poor, but cut a main artery.

After checking it out I came up to the house to tell everyone. Got some help and the dog just to see how he'd do. He was on it even before I reached the spot of the hit. Took him less than 60 seconds to find the deer. It was something to see since I knew the path of the deer. He'd step of the path and in a flash be back on it.

Heard people ask about dogs before so I thought I'd say something. I'm also feeling pretty goodabout the dog. He's sleeping/snoring at my feet asI write this. Sounds pretty corny.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chaulk one up for Beauregard the hound!

CONGRATS!!! any pics? Nice to have a good tracking dog! They do come in handy!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 AM

Congrats man! Need some pics of the deer Im not 100% possitive but I believe using a dog in Indiana is against the law, need to double check though.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man's best friend. Can't beat 'em.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tracking dogs are to be on a leash.Thats the law in Michigan. Im sure its the same in Ohio?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

No pics. It was a nice buck that thought he'd had me pegged and for the season has. I moved to another stand this morning after seeing some does feeding at dark last night. Got out there early and just as it lightened upI saw deer out in the field. He started moving off and I grunted. Came right to me. He would have passed my other stand again about 60 yards out. I almost decided not to sit this stand and go back to the other. Glad I didn't.

Hunted a place last week where I did move about 75 yards. It was a mistake. Deer came right under the tree I was in just 5 hours earlier. Nothing came where I was. Live and learn.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gplant

Tracking dogs are to be on a leash.Thats the law in Michigan. Im sure its the same in Ohio?
Don't remember the leash part, but he was. He was hard to hold on toHe was a dog on a mission. I don't think you'd want one off a leash unless it was well trained. Beau likes to run to much.