Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 kicked out of my hunting spot! >

kicked out of my hunting spot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kicked out of my hunting spot!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 AM

Default kicked out of my hunting spot!

So Ive been hunting the same spot for about 8 years. The town I hunt is bowhunting only. I helped another guy drag a deer out of the woods last week and some anti hunting lady raised hell, called the police on him and everything. The police said that it wasn't legal to bowhunt here. I have spoken to the EPO's in the past and there is no law saying that you can't hunt in my town.

I parked in my spot which is across from her house this morning and when i came out there was a note from the town police. I called them and they said there is no hunting. I said that I checked with the EPO's and they said I could.

So the officer said that you can technicallybowhuntin my town, but you have to get permission from the town conservation committee, which they won't give permission. Im not sure if I believe the cops, I dont even know if it is conservation land.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Default RE: kicked out of my hunting spot!

Dude that sucks!!!!!!! why dont you just go ask conservation committee just to see and if they dont own it then you can go to your court house some one there will know
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. That is a tough spot, but I would abide by the police until this is sorted.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM

Check with the DNR and see what they have to say. Sometimes the DNR can trump local ordinance as long as you have permission from the landowner to hunt.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

At the same time Im sure they are complaining about the damage the deer are causing and the hazard they pose on the roads. BUT DONT HUNT THEM??????? Sorry you got to go through all this!! Get with the DNR and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: gplant

At the same time Im sure they are complaining about the damage the deer are causing and the hazard they pose on the roads. BUT DONT HUNT THEM??????? Sorry you got to go through all this!! Get with the DNR and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
I agree! Something about this situation just doesn't fit. It seems to me that there is some miscommunication between the DNR and your city. I would get with a local DNR officer and go from there.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

The cops are probably clueless too. That's my experience with most cops I've had experience with. If you're sure that you're allowed to legally hunt there, then keep it up. If the cops take action against you, then you could potentially be their biggest nightmare. They may just enjoy being bullies behind their badge......when they realize that you know your rights, they'll back off.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM

I spoke with the division of fisheries and wildlife and they said that if your town wont let you hunt, then there is nothing they can do.

I am going to go to the conservation committee and speak to the chair directly. I have a feeling that the police are just telling me not to hunt so they dont have to listen to the lady call.

Ill explain to the conservation committee that the purpose of conservation land is to conserve the wildlife. The herd needs thinning, there is not enough food for all the deer and if everyone (probably 10 people hunting a 400 acre piece) stops hunting the deer will starve.

good conservation and wildlife management allows hunting!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite ridiculous to have anti-hunters flipping over such nonsense. It would be a total different story when the deer ran through her yard at all times of the day looking for any type of food they can get their hands on. These anti hunters need to take a step back and really think about what would happen without hunting. Besides honestly what did it hurt for that lady to see you drag a deer out of the woods? Ifshe dont like it, dont look. Bottom line is hunting is legal so go cry somewhere else.She cant whine and complain about something LEGAL, just learn to deal with it. The anti-hunters simply enrage me.

Ignorance of hunting is what drives these people. The only thought they have in their mind to qualify hunting as "bad" is the depiction of Elmer Fudd killing the beloved Bambi. Get over it, thats not what hunting is.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: kicked out of my hunting spot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.