Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My 07 Buck..........update with story >

My 07 Buck..........update with story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 07 Buck..........update with story

Old 11-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Default My 07 Buck..........update with story

Shot at 4:40pm tonight. Details later...........eating dinner then gotta drag get better pictures with bow and take to butcher. BTW another one for team 42). Deer shot in St. Mary county, maryland.

Picture is bad I know, im sleepy ATM)........will take better picture and post story later.

Just got home from work a little while ago and decided to give everyone the story on this deer.I have been slowly inching my way closer and closer to bedding area for about 2 weeks now. I had been noticing some smaller and midsize bucks weaving in and out of this one particular bedding area jumping does and harrassing them. I had a hunch it was a matter of time before the big boys came trolling down the same trails.

Last friday I saw a nice 10 point trolling the path in and out of the bedding area searching for does. I knew then it was time to make my final move (the last 30 yards) closer to the bedding area were I wanted to be. Sunday I saw a descent 8 point moving down the same path exhibiting the same pattern as the ten pointer.

So this brings us to lastnight, I started the walk into my stand at 1pm. On the way in at about 80 yards I caught sight of another 10 point weaving in and out of the bedding area looking for does. When I saw him I crouched down and watched his behavior, he manage to find a doe that was bedded and proceeded to harrass her. After the doe ranoff with the buck in hot pursuit I waited 30 mins and continued onto my stand. Sitting in my stand I had a small forker come walking by at approx 3:30pm. About an hour or so later I stood to get my cell phone out of my pocket to check the time and as I started to sit down I seen this buck come out of a small creek bed approx 100 yards away in a slow trott.

I grunted softly once with no effect, I grunted again but this time harder and added a doe in esturus call. That got his attention !!!!!! This buck came running in as fast as he could head up smacking and breaking branches all the way. He was snorting and started shacking his head around like crazy. He completely circled my stand twice before moving off to my left to check out the doe in estrus scent I put out. This buck was clearly upset with the thought of another buck being around his does I guess)

As soon as he lowered his head standing broadsideI pulled back and popped off the shot. I guestimated him at 17 yards and nailed him clean, double lung heart shot. Buck ran 40 yards and piled up dead. This buck is for my Dad, his health has been failing for several years and he can no longer hunt. He has always wanted a nice wall hanger so I am getting this buck mounted and giving it to my father. He deserves it, he took the time to teach me when I was young and I feel I owe it to himto teach his grandsons (my boys) what he has taught and shared with me. A love of the outdoors and a healthy respect for the animals we hunt.

Dave
I

Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My 07 Buck

Awesome job... Very nice.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go teammate. That is one hell of a buck! Can't wait to hear the details. What a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congrats.

Maryland always continues to impress me.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

sweet buck gongratson a fine buck
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! That's a brute...
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck and congrats!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

great buck, you look pissed! haha
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM

BEAUTY!!! i love all that character on him
Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

A real beauty congrats

Quick Reply: My 07 Buck..........update with story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.