Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you break any laws?? Even little ones? >

Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

I havent thatI can think of off the top of my head but my neighbor he just broke acouple this weekend. 1 Tresspassing on on private land(ours). 2.Destruction of private property.(ours). This guy is as stupid as they come. Has has land that borders our property and he has a stand not too far from our line. Well its all fine and dandy if he wants to cut down alot of his little pine trees on his side, but when he decided to to come around the fence line onto our side with his brush mower and start clearing the brush and trees on our side not to mention backing over a fence post and fence and cause criminal damage on our side thats something else. So were fixing him good to see if he tries to confront us. We put our 4 No Tresspassing and No hunting signs right where he cut on our side of the fence facing his tower stand down each shooting lane he made on his side, one in our woods in a swail facing his stand and one down on the corner of the property, pointing right at him. When we invesigated his intentions, we noticed every single lane he cut was perfectly in line with our farm, (house and buildings), my wifes cousins new house, our neighbors house, the highway and tavern. This guys an absolute idiot. Theres only one group of hunters besides our family that are allowed to hunt this piece of property. There has never been a sign posted ever on our back 40 untill this weekend. The other hunters have been made aware of this and our actions and they know that the signs are not directed towards them. They are very good hunters and sportsmen. Another little thing he doesnt know is that someone will be hunting along the fence line that he cut on our side. That person will be in a blind. If he thinks about shooting anything on our side or even attmepts it, he will be arrested. He has one chance to heed the warnings.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is a county line running through the lease. Each county is a one buck county. Last year I killed 2 bucks. They may have both come off one side of the county line although one was tagged for each county. I will not admit to breaking the law until a surveryor flags the line and I can be certain of where the boundry is.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FOP23

Imay have neglected PA's orange requirement when walking to my stand during archery season. They require you wear orange on your way to your stand during the overlapping small game season but are considering lifting the requirement during spring gobbler, go figure. More contradiction from the PA GC. I feel confident in allocuting to this as the statute of limitations have expired.
Ok Im guilty as charged also. I do not wear the orange they say too,but Im on private property with no small game hunters just me! Ive went on posted land at night to retrieve a deer knowing the landowner would not allow me too so I just did it in respect of the deer! Thats about it!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 AM

Refuse to wear the orange as mentioned by FOP23(I feel that if someone shoots me for a turkey or small game critter then he/she has a serious problem.....Identify your target comes to mind!!)
The after hour still in stand cause I can still see.
Those are my 2 big ones.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tresspased...Also Its illeagal to have a noked arrow while walking.Also I never wear my orange in the stand during Shotgun hunting...I always wear it until I get up in the stand!!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 AM

i dont put a TAG ON MY DEER B4 I MOVE IT OUT OF THE WOODS.I WRITE IT UP JUST DONT ATTACH IT TO THE DEER
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 AM

I'll shoot any fox, raccoon, opposum when there not in season. It is a part of wildlife managment IMO
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Three pages of law breakers - THREE PAGES!!! - on a topic that shouldn't have had a single response.

For those who are so worried about ethics, you're way off base. A hunter has to be law abiding before he can even begin to be ethical.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

hmmm lets see if i can think of anything else...

I dont think this is illegal but when i find treestand and other peoples equipment on my property i take it and sell it on ebay. But since its my land I think im within my legal rights.
Love it!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it illegal to sleep overnight in your stand?

Quick Reply: Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.