Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you break any laws?? Even little ones? >

Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Old 11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

I figure myself to be a ethical hunter but KNOW I break at least one written law per season and generally slide in a second. They are "little things" but illegal none the less.
Before I devulge the two that I break I wonder if there are others we break without even noting as they are so benign??
As a side note I have not seen a warden up close in six years so I'm not talking the fear factor.

I really believe that this forum does NOT representa cross section of hunters but rather those who are for the most part VERY motivated, ethical and hard working. It is guys like that that need to keep the slob hunters under control.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Yup...i have trespassed shed hunting lots of times. Thats it.[8D]
Old 11-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool. someone who will admit to minor character flaws. I thought I was the only one.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Yeah w/ me too...your ocassional tresspass....and stayed on stand a lil longer than I should have....but there were deer below me and I didnt want to spook em off. Oh yeah...I SPEED....ALOT !!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I would never poach or anything like that but I do break some laws. I hunt alone sometimes, but I'm not legally old enough to do that. We also shine some fields on our land at night, sometimes during bow season, which is illegal. We don't carry any weapons when we do this, so I dont think its all that bad.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

staying in the stand a bit too long[&o]

edit: oh i also shoot things other than deer if i dont see any. such as possums, yotes, and raccoons. They eat turkey eggs!!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Tresspassed before.
I shot a deer about 5 minutes after legal shooting hours.
The worst one I did though this deer ran behind some bushes... a nice 3x4 mulie i had my scope all the way up watching him in the brush waiting for him to come out I pulled the trigger and shot a button buck... i was so upset I honestly cried.
I have shined before... not with any weapons of course.
I drove a quad where i wasnt supposed to before... I didnt know at the time found out later.
hmmm lets see if i can think of anything else...

I dont think this is illegal but when i find treestand and other peoples equipment on my property i take it and sell it on ebay. But since its my land I think im within my legal rights.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always end up with like 2 laws broken or something. but hey can't be perfect
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I drive a 4 wheeler, I drive where I'm not supposed to like crossing the road, I don't have my headlights on in the middle of the day with the wheeler, I hunt alone, I don't knowwhat else. EVERYTHING is illegal in Minnesota
Old 11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Imay have neglected PA's orange requirement when walking to my stand during archery season. They require you wear orange on your way to your stand during the overlapping small game season but are considering lifting the requirement during spring gobbler, go figure. More contradiction from the PA GC. I feel confident in allocuting to this as the statute of limitations have expired.

Quick Reply: Do you break any laws?? Even little ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.