Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 code blue doe estrus is fake >

code blue doe estrus is fake

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

code blue doe estrus is fake

Old 11-10-2007, 02:36 PM

Default code blue doe estrus is fake

ok I bought code blue's standing doe estrus for the rut this year. It cost me $36. Well I am here to tell you dont buy it. I used it twice and both times I had the exact same results. The peak of the rut was last tue-wed. tue I went out poared a little bit on a tampon hung it on a tree branch. About 1 hour later a cat came in smelled it and sprayed it. The next night I tried it again but this time used a maxi pad and put it on my deer decoy. Two hours later a cat came in sprayed the deer just like the last one did. They say we use one deer in heat. well ive never seen a cat come in to my bait pile or estrus like this. Has anyone had anything close to that happen? please share!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: code blue doe estrus is fake

Its not fake! Its just a cat being a stupid cat, they do these kinds of things! Just relax and keep using it, everything has got to work out perfect when using these scents. Its no different then rattling, if the scenario is perfect it will work, if it isn't, it will not!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

funne
Old 11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

i woulda let one go at it.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

that cat would not come back again lol if you get my drift lol i do not think they would sell something that is fake i thought about buying it but do not wont to spend the 35 bucks
Old 11-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Too many people look for the magic potion, bait, calls and think they are supposed to work every time. They all have thier time and place.......but usually, its just not thier time. But, given the right conditions and it will work like the magic potion you expect it to be.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM

code blue, the 12.99 doe estrus kind turned this 9 point. he was walking behind my stand, paused raised his nose and headed right for it. I shot him at 9 yards. scent is like calls, works sometimes, but mostly doesnt.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:05 PM

I personally just can't see myself spending $35 on scents. I'd rather just spend time in the woods scouting and find a spot where the bucks are at.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I've never been big into deer scents, however this past week I tried some doe-in-estrus urine from Timber Valley Fresh Scents.They ship it with a cold pack and it's very fresh stuff. Out of curiosity I dribbled some down the tree that I was in. About 10-15 drops.

A 2.5 year old buck came by, walking in from down wind. He put his nose in the air and instead of busting me, he came in like he was on a string. When he was about 3 yards away I tried to draw my bow and he caught the movement. He bounded off but turned right around and came back in. This time I shot him when he was 20 yards away.

I was impressed. It seems to be good stuff.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I've never been big into deer scents, however this past week I tried some doe-in-estrus urine from Timber Valley Fresh Scents.They ship it with a cold pack and it's very fresh stuff. Out of curiosity I dribbled some down the tree that I was in. About 10-15 drops.

A 2.5 year old buck came by, walking in from down wind. He put his nose in the air and instead of busting me, he came in like he was on a string. When he was about 3 yards away I tried to draw my bow and he caught the movement. He bounded off but turned right around and came back in. This time I shot him when he was 20 yards away.

I was impressed. It seems to be good stuff.
Congratulation's is in order!

Quick Reply: code blue doe estrus is fake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.