Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poundage needed to shoot rages >

Poundage needed to shoot rages

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poundage needed to shoot rages

Old 11-10-2007, 05:36 AM

Default RE: Poundage needed to shoot rages

47lbs is too low for a mechanical IMO...........too likely that you won't get a pass through. You may kill the deer but have one heck of a time finding it with little or no blood out of just one hole.

Every bowhunters goal right behind good shot placement should be a pass through. 2 holes spraying blood are MUCH easier to track then 1 plugged by an arrow or high on the back.

Get that arrow THROUGH him..........not IN him.

Some great heads have already been mentioned.........I shoot Magnus Stingers at 63lbs 275 fps and they go through deer like they aren't even there. SteelForce makes a great head as well.

Stay away from bone is advice you should follow with ANY broadhead.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This guy isgiving you advice to shoot the rage at 47 pounds after he was unsuccessful twice? I don't think I would heed too much of his advice. I mean, for christ sakes, he has bounced an arrow off the same deer twice. That should tell you something! If it was me I would stay away from mechanicals all together with that set up. You need a good fixed blade COC head.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey goherd1111 sorry I didn't know that you were the king of the woods and never wounded a deer. He was simply asking for advise I didn't think I would have someone bashing me for what I have done. I agree fixed blades are the way to go but I have never shot mechanicals before and thought I would TRY them out. This kid is pulling back 47 pounds, lets just say 50, if he hits the deer in the right spot its going to die. If you have any advise I willtake itbecause it seems your a pro. Hey aren't you the guy that I kicked off my property last week with goherd as his license plate.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

run away
Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Hey aren't you the guy that I kicked off my property last week with goherd as his license plate.
LOL!!! I doubt that was me. Unless????you are my father-in-law.. Since his land is the only land I hunt on.