Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Question

Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Spike

Default PA Question

Hey everyone I've been a member here for awhile but this is my first post. I enjoy reading these forums as I have garnered alot of valuable information from them. However, I am in need of some advice. The PA bow season ends on tomorrow Sat. the 10th. I go to school in Pittsburgh but I live in Mercer county about an hour and 45 minutes north. I really want to go home to hunt but the weather looks like it is supposed to be less than favorable for tomorrow. I hunted last weekend and had a 20 yd. shot on an 8 pointer but hesitated because I wasn't sure if he was legal. This is my third year bow hunting and I have yet to take a deer. My question is, should I drive nearly 2 hours home tonight to hunt the final day tomorrow, or should I just pack it in till rifle season?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM

Default RE: PA Question

cant shoot anything from the classroom. I learned that in college. Go hunt buddy....bring your rain gear.Good Luck. Get good sleep, bc you wont be able to nap up there tomorrow if it rains you won't hear anything walking thats for sure.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go hunting. As you get older you will have less and less time to go, so do it when you can.

Where abouts in Mercer do you live? I've got quite a bit of family around Hadley, PA.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah man, if you have a chance to get out there do it. You never know what might happen.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

You better go hunting. Take advantage of this magicaltime of year.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'd find a place around Pittsburgh and hop into the woods. You may find something pretty good.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 AM

Hey bud,

I live in Mercer County and definately head north. When I have not went hunting, I always regretted missing. We wait for this time of the year all year long..........go out!

Bucks are on the move and if a dandy were to fall, its in the last 2 weeks of the season. Head out and good luck!

Good Luck
Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 AM

If you don't go you are going to wish that you went
So like Nike says "Just Do It"
I have learned over the years not to rely on the wx forecast.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Spike

Its the RUT, we wait all year long for this, I hunted from 10am to 3pm yesterday because it was all the time I had, get your butt in the woods. I look forward to reading your "PA Buck Down" post tomorrow. Good luck
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are State Game lands closer..either go home or find something in your neck of the woods. Go to the Pa game commision website and look for closer opportunities.

Quick Reply: PA Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.