Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question

Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 AM

Default RE: Question

Mistake or not, when you pull the trigger ( bow or gun)you are responsible for the results of that shot. I have been in the same situation where I could barely view a 4th point and had to let a buck walk not knowing if he was legal or not. Yes, it's hard but it's the rules. No, you can't shoot and count afterwards.

If it was me I would be a nervous wreck and would report it. But at the same time I don't think I would confuse a spike with a legal buck either.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Well since I didn't exactly get the response I was hoping too, I decided to come clean. My buddy did in fact shoot a spike yesterday. However, the spike had antlers measuring the right at 1 1/2 inches and the second as 3/4 of an inch which in P.A. constitutes a legal doe. He was debating on whether or not to tag the deer as a buck, to which I told him "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT". It was in fact the biggest spike I've ever seen because personally, I've never seen a spike. The deer was in fact tagged as a buck BECAUSE OF HIS ETHICS despite my opinion. Thanks to all who participated and all who didn't. AND a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all who questioned my ethics...even though I elaborated a little to make the story interesting. I appreciate it.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Host of Hosts

Snake..No offense, but now your story makes no sense. You see how by spinning the truth things get out of hand. Go back and read your first post. Now read your last post. Something is just not right here.