Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My theory on MI rut in My area >

My theory on MI rut in My area

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My theory on MI rut in My area

Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My theory on MI rut in My area

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Germ buddy it is running a tad behind this year. It is really going to hit during the gun seasons this year IMO.
I think I agree FRALEY, some people said early rut, I laughed....we are in our seek phase right now, peak or lockdown is a bit off, next week should be really, really good but our season ends in 2 days. I'm hunting with Kurt (Q2) and have seen zero chase, just youngins up and looking. No mature bucks yet....called in a 1.5 on a string from over 250 yards...loll
Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Bartender

Rob pal that flute best get here soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Bartender

Rob pal that flute best get here soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why did you post it twice? Why did you post it twice?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have to agree and disagree with ya Germ. I hunt Jackson Co. on private land that has been in a voluntary QDM for well over 15 years. I have seen and shot videos of mature bucks chasing all the way back to Oct. 6th. I am also hunting a small ridge just off the Grand River and the bucks seem to be using this as there route to and from bedding areas.

I am seeing young bucks as well but, this is due to the QDM. As of last Monday morning I do not believe the does were in heat full swing, sparatic at best. I think this is going to be the week where grunting and all day sits will pay off.

IMO if there are only a few does ready to come into heat well, the bucks will not leave them alone but, you get a higher number in heat well, they are gonna be running all over and at all times.

I disagree though that the taking of more does will change their behavior much. They will still tag the ones coming into early estrous and then go seeking when the scents fill the air.

I did do my part on taking a large doe out a couple weeks ago but, I also have mixed feelings on that. The doe I shot travels a run right by my stand every day. I may have shot myself in the foot by taking her before the rut and having the big boy come cruising after her. Time will tell.

I will be out there from Saturday until the 14th, all day every day on three different stand locations and hopefully can connect on the 17 or 12 pts that I filmed just a couple weeks ago.

Good luck Germ and everyone else, Gun season is sneaking in on us so, hunt hard, shoot straight and give thanks to God for the hunts we can enjoy.....................
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like the same deal here in NY Germ.I'm not seeing what I usually see at this stage of the season. I'm sticking to my gameplan through the weekend. If I dont' see things picking up (a lot)I'm heading right on top of them.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 AM

Being a Michigander myself....IMO...I dont think that the rut has started yet...the weather has not been right...its been to warm. Im sure some of the critters have started but the heat is commin!!!! Next 2-4 weeks should be our best weeks in the woods. Good luck everyone!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Spike

So everyone's opinion is, if we harvested more doe's to even up the ratio abit more, the buck's would be forced to be active to find the does, instead of them having "breakfast in bed"?

I've seen two shooter 8's in August/September, havent seen them since. I have found rubs and scrapes though. I have also taken two doe's so far, but from what I'm seeing coming into my small plots, the herd still has plenty of doe's.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Bartender

I.E. had a hiccup and touched enter twice during it.
I.E. had a hiccup and touched enter twice during it.
ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Why did you post it twice? Why did you post it twice?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same here in wi, why are they not chasing hard and scraping and rubbing, I know theres bucks on our property I see them every single day but its liek they arent even really ready, its like they are just gettign to the seeking phase. Ive seen some small chasing and one good battle the other day for dominance. What gives this year????

Quick Reply: My theory on MI rut in My area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.