HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Sweaty feet = cold feet (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/216559-sweaty-feet-cold-feet.html)

flstnhd 11-07-2007 10:04 PM

Sweaty feet = cold feet

I recently switched to rubber boots. I'm really happy with them as far as helping with scent control but they are causing my feet to sweat so bad they end up freezing after a few hours. I haven't had this problem with other boots. They are just the cheap uninsulated kind. I tuck my pants in them. Is that causing no air to circulate or is this just one of the down sides of them ? Would a better pair of insulated ones help ? Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Tuco 11-08-2007 01:08 AM

RE: Sweaty feet

Make sure you are not wearing cotton socks. They cause more cold feet than anything else, soak up the sweat and then cool off. Try some wool or wicking socks.

NavyDeerHunter 11-08-2007 04:17 AM

Very true. I also put "pit-stick" on the bottoms of my feet to help control it. Seems to work for me.

ORIGINAL: honcho12

Make sure you are not wearing cotton socks. They cause more cold feet than anything else, soak up the sweat and then cool off. Try some wool or wicking socks.

flstnhd 11-08-2007 05:49 AM

Thanks guys ! I've been wearing the ArcticShield X Scent socks. They are supposed to be for cold weather I thought. Maybe not in rubber boots though.

mauser06 11-08-2007 06:08 AM

when you find a cure, let me know:D

ive ALWAYS had a foot sweating problem. even when i was a baby and wore those 1 piece pajam suits kids wear...you know, the ones with rubber feet? it was so bad dad had to cut the rubber feet off of mine lol.

i will sweat in super thin socks and light weight running shoes...rubber boots i can ring my socks out when im done hunting...

flstnhd 11-08-2007 06:29 AM

Thanks mauser06. Do your feet get cold ? How do I keep my feet warm in rubber boots ? Do the insulated kind work ?

densfbs 11-08-2007 06:31 AM

One thing that has worked for me is to wear some type of light sock for wicking purposes.I know teamrealtree makes a pair you can get a Wally World for about two bucks and then wear your cold weather socks over them. Also try putting on your cold weather socks once you get to your stand that way your outer layer is not soaking up so much moisture.

Bowman4440 11-08-2007 06:35 AM

I use Lacrosse Alpha Burly's they are the best boots ive ever owned. They are light and comfortable. I use the 800 grams of thinsulate and I am fine.

kevin1 11-08-2007 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

I also put "pit-stick" on the bottoms of my feet to help control it. Seems to work for me.

Several manufacturers now make a "clinical strength" unscented underarm antiperspirant, Secretâ„¢ comes to mind but there are private label brands as well, that contain what used to be prescription level ingredients. I use a brand named Intensity that comes from the Dollar Tree stores, and considering that I sweat like a plow horse the stuff has so far amazed me. Intensity is not unscented, but I've noticed that the ones that are contain the same active ingredient and in the same or higher concentration. If that doesn't cure your sweaty feet nothing will.

gplant 11-08-2007 06:42 AM

Unscented speed stick and wool socks.