Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Decisions

Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Decisions

As most of you know I have a lot of kids to take hunting this year and I have none able to pull back the legal weight on a bow. Well, black powder season starts Saturday and I have 2 kids to take hunting Saturday. Previously here in NC we were not allowed to bow hunt during ML season, but this year we can. I have 2 spots that I just know will produce nice bucks Saturday. I just know the big boys will walk out Saturday. These are spots I would like to continue to bow hunt during the gun seasons. If things do work out Saturday and a deer is taken, how long do you think it will be before things calm down? Reason I ask is that next week during the week will probably be my only time to continue to hunt because when gun season arrives (the next Saturday) I'll be booked with kids to take hunting so I took Monday off. But smoking up the area Saturday then hunting in the same spot Monday? What do you think?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Decisions

And I haven't hunted these areas at all this week or last so things would be "perfect" this coming Saturday so I can't tell you how they are acting right now. I know a lot depends on how the rut's going and all but I have no idea in these spots, what's going on.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you'll be fine...It really depends on how everything transpires. You could take one out and no other deer in the area would even be the wiser or, you could have a very long day throughout the area bumping every deer. It's all on how you execute it my friend.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I think it'll be fine. It takes a lot more to push a deer out than people realize. Take the kids...after all it's that first kill or those kills when you're youngthat gets everybody into the sport
Old 11-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive shot deer out of the same stand the very next day..this time of the year the deer dont seem to care about anything but one thing....
Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I think you'll be fine...It really depends on how everything transpires. You could take one out and no other deer in the area would even be the wiser or, you could have a very long day throughout the area bumping every deer. It's all on how you execute it my friend.
Correct. I'm hoping for a good shot and a short recovery but anything can happen.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Inactive

Farm: I have taken deer out of one stand in the morning, gone back in the afternoon expecting a nice quiet "rest", and had deer moving all around me. Go in - do your thing - and move out quietly and it should be ok in the pm.

Good luck with your hunts, and i hope the kids do well.

Gary
Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks X we'll see what happens. I'm sure it'll all work out.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

We got it! BBD baby! 15 year old Mikey got a monster 8 pointer this morning with a 18 1/2" spread!!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

another pic

Quick Reply: Decisions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.