Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do I even bring a bow in the woods??!!! >

Why do I even bring a bow in the woods??!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do I even bring a bow in the woods??!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why do I even bring a bow in the woods??!!!

I feel the exact same way. I had the biggest deer of my life in front of me at 15 yards this morning and missed as well. I can't stop thinking about it.....All those practice arrows for that exact situation and in an instant it is gone. UGHHH Stay with it I am sure that buck will be back if you have hot does in your area.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be glad you didn't wound him and then not find him like I did last weekend. [:@]

IMO, that is much, much worse. He's still out there and hopefully not too educated.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. I still get nervous when I here squirrels or rabbits in the woods. That is why I love bowhunting. When I get to my stand I try to visulize everything that could happen. If a buck comes in this way what am I going to do, that seems to work out could and also know your yardages. It makes me more confindent and sometimes that is all we need. Good luck and stay after them no one said this sport is easy, next time that happens to you, you will make a good shot and get your buck.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

not funne but it made me smile hey, stuff happens..just remain positive and maybe he will
give u another shot. this time do not release until u are center on him...even if u are shakin
a lil bit..u will get him...that shakin might put something on the arrow and drop him on the
spot good luck
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Fork Horn

You bring a bow to the woods because you are the descendent of bow hunters and you accepted the challenge. We all dread those missed but we also bask in the memories of those taken and after its all said and done we look back, laugh and the next time we find ourselves in the woods, the only thing that comes to mind is, "Im a Bow Hunter".
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 AM

Hang in there man....a monster like that is sure to get everyones heart a thumpin!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Suggestion: Try to shoot a doe early in the season to get the jitters out and just try to stay calm and relaxed. The more confidence you have in yourself, the better. Its tough, but that is just anotherreason this sport is so much fun! If it was easy, I would still do it but I wouldn't being having nearlyas much fun! Good luck, I bet you'll see him again.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 AM

Dont worry about it. Think about this....#1 Your a bow hunter. Anyone can hunt them with a gun, takes a special hunter to hunt one with a bow. #2 You obviously are doing stuff right. He didnt wind you, you are hunting the right spot, and you were able to almost get a monster buck. #3 it happens to everyone. Survey how many bow hunters missed a deer bowhunting bc they were nervous. Trust me your not going to find very many.

Keep at him. You will get him. When I see rack and determine he's a shooter...I look at his feet....watch his feet all the way in. If you can see his feet you have a shot. When in range move from his feet up his legs to his shoulder adjust behind it pick a spot...and wack! Then go count his points. Just what I do. Good Luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was hunting with a guy once who was using a Winchester 30-30. He'd aim, lever the action. Aim, lever the action. Aim, lever the action. Finally emptied the gun and asked me how he could have missed every shot. I had to get over the shock of what I'd just seen in order to tell him he'd never pulled the trigger.

Buck fever can make you do some awfully strange things.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hilarious Arthur!

Quick Reply: Why do I even bring a bow in the woods??!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.