Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scared of the dark? >

scared of the dark?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scared of the dark?

Old 11-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Default RE: scared of the dark?

I aint gonna lie to yall, not affraid of heights, but i sometimes get the willies walkin in the woods alone in the dark. I just freak myself out most of the time. Me and abuddy feel the same way about it and love hunting evening together so we can stay till it gets dark and not have to run to the truck alone. LOL Hopefully something i'll get over lol
Old 11-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No...
Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

i get a little nerves when i had in but once i am up in the stand no proplem if it was me i would have got my bow or a knife and called him in lol here deer deer deer
Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

The same critters are in the woods during the day as they are at night.

I actually really like walking through the pitch black woods. Kinda fun.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 PM

I'm not really scared. I've got abit jittery a couple times. As mentioned before I usually hunt around the cemetaries and "haunted" mountains around here. In fact last week I had to take a leak on one of these haunted locations. My hunting partner and best friend since birth dont like the dark one little bit. We have bears in decent numbers so I keep my Ruger ready. I can only recall one scary night experience though. I was checking a trapline with him and we had the lights off moving down the holler and we heard something that sounded like a cross between a cow elk and a dog yawn. We both hit the lights, I practiced some fast draw with my peace and something fairly large took off crashing through the woods. Never saw what it was but neither one of us can say what exactly made that noise. We've had more happen to us in the day than at night.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

must have been Bigfoot lol when i was 13 i got in a stand right before dawn and as i took the first steep up i had a coyote run right by my foot i could feel it run by and it started making noises that was the quickest i even went up a ladder lol
luckily here we have no bears i do not think to many snakes either
ORIGINAL: 2006HighSierra

I'm not really scared. I've got abit jittery a couple times. As mentioned before I usually hunt around the cemetaries and "haunted" mountains around here. In fact last week I had to take a leak on one of these haunted locations. My hunting partner and best friend since birth dont like the dark one little bit. We have bears in decent numbers so I keep my Ruger ready. I can only recall one scary night experience though. I was checking a trapline with him and we had the lights off moving down the holler and we heard something that sounded like a cross between a cow elk and a dog yawn. We both hit the lights, I practiced some fast draw with my peace and something fairly large took off crashing through the woods. Never saw what it was but neither one of us can say what exactly made that noise. We've had more happen to us in the day than at night.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

In Indiana if you have a personal protection permit you can pack heat while bow hunting. I am always armed. Not scared but alsonot a victim!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awh ya big sissy [8D][8D]
ORIGINAL: honcho12

In Indiana if you have a personal protection permit you can pack heat while bow hunting. I am always armed. Not scared but alsonot a victim!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

I might just stop by your place tomorrow after hunting and bust a cap in your a** and the dogs. BAM[quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Awh ya big sissy [8D][8D]
ORIGINAL: honcho12

[/quote]

Quick Reply: scared of the dark?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.