Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scared of the dark? >

scared of the dark?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scared of the dark?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scared of the dark?

Jim ..I had similiar expirience last year. The buck just kept dogging me close! He was stomping circling etc..I hit him with a flashlight fianlly and even that didn't stop him. Finally I waved the flashlight wildly to get him to lope off a short distance as i went past him on the way to the truck!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I psyc myself out i dont know why but i always think of some crazy stuff when im in the woods latley i have been trying to focus on deer and not letting my mind wander away from that so its beenhelping. aynhow for the mostpart yes, i am afraid of the dark i dont care if you guys think im a sissy or not its not an issue to me, its just the truth.

Ryan.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

DAMN you Duke!

I've never thought of THAT!

Damn you!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hey man, i was in my climber the first time i ever used it,it was a semi moonlit early morning 2 hours before light, i got to my climbheight, sat down and after somewhat looked down about 25 yards out and thought i saw what wasstairing backatme a half donkey half lookingdeer sitting back on it's haunches next to a tree up at me,,That was the freekiest thing i've ran into out there.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was allot of deer scent in the area and I had done some serious rattling just before dark, but this buck was crazed out of his mind ,Iam not a handsome man. []
Old 11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought you were talking about me for a second. I dont like heghts, and I dont really care for going out in the pitch black. But I am too old for mommy to kiss my boo boo's. Yes I can honestly say that I dont really care for the dark, but I have vowed to myself, that I will get over that this year.Now the heights thing, I dont thnk I will ever get over that.[:@]
ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

I do most of my hunting by myself sometimes near cemetarys so I don't think I'm scared of the dark. I do however have a "young buck" friend who wont go to the woods by himself. He's also scared to climb over 12 feet high. And he needs his mommy to kiss his "owies" and make them all better. LOL jk bout that last one.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

a little when by myself considering there are over a dozen bears back in the woods where i hunt
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

certain times i aint gunna lie i have gotten spooked....

like this year, i dont think ive ever been so scared in all my life. pitch black out...cant see anything..no moon..out of nowhere something SCREAMED/barked at me. it was maybe 20yds away tops, right infront of me..wierd thing was that was 10yds AFTER it crossed my trail, and wind was in my face...it did that noise about 5x..it was like a bark/coon squall...deep and raspy, but also shrilling and ear piercing at the same time...ive been in the woods since i could walk and in my years ive NEVER heard anything like that. i really felt that whatever it was was trying to intimidate me...funny thing was i NEVER heard it walk..ever ..and on dry leaves..

lets just say it worked. death gripped the bow and i didnt blink of move for a couple minutes....i was SCARED. then, to top it off, a flying squirrel decided it wanted to climb my tree...not minutes after that critter screamed at me...all i heard was nails hitting the metal of my stand...i almost needed new pants..

Mauser it was a screach owl a tiny bird that screams lie a wildcat.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

I freak myself out every now and again!! I wouldn't say I'm afraid of the dark, just every now and then I get a crazy thought in my head! More than once I've had to stop myself from racing to the stand!! For some reason, when I'm walkingon a trail I'll freak out, but then once I cut into the woods, I seam to relax!! I usually just laugh at myself and keep moving!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM

That deer only wanted some lovin, you were going to be his next girlfriend. It makes you think twice when your hunting areas of the country where you aren't exactly at the top of the food chain!

Quick Reply: scared of the dark?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.