Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours.  Success! >

Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours. Success!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours. Success!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Default RE: Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours. Maybe just a little encourgament is ne

I did the same thing last week on a buck. Hit him square in the middle of the body. I gave him about 2hrs and went back and picked up his trail, found him about 140 yds away from where I shot, he was stiff as a board. I hit him in the liver, and got a little lung too. Give him at least 4 hrs, maybe longer. I had a feeling that I hit more than just liver, that's why took to the trail after 2hrs. Plus I had to go to work the next day and I was not going to be able to get back in there until 2:30 pm. If you can give it 4-6 hrs, do so. let us know
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours. Maybe just a little encourgament is ne

I am about ready to head back out to my hunting spot to start the search. I should be out there in an hour. Gonna give it my best. I will let you all know. Thank you for the encouragement, I needed it.

shadow
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

you did the right thing. When its time to go back in he should be stiff. I shot one in a similar fashion last yr with a muzzleloader.I backed out and gave it time....... went back in and it was still alive....... I saw it in a treelineabout 20yds inside...... I was at least 150yds away and decided to stalk in. All it did was lie there...... I basically stalked up and shot it in the head. When I was gutting it I found the liver had a hole in it the size of my fist.
Point is if the deer is still alive after all that time....... it will be stiff and slow. Take your time and good luck
Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

well did you find him or what keep us updated
Old 11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

??????????????
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Spike

Hes probably riding around right now with his tailgate down showing it off. Were pulling for you Shadow.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

FOUND him not more than 5 yards from where I last saw him bed! I found him at 3:30pm. Looks like he had been dead 3 hours or so based on how stiff he was. He had a monster entrance hole from the Muzzy MX-3, but the exit hole was plugged with his intestines, therefore leaving virtually no blood trail. Upon gutting, found his liver shredded and his lower cavity was filled with dark blood. Thank god I did not push that deer, I probably would have never found him. Anyways, he is a nice 8 pointer. I will get some pics up tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it. Will be the first deer I have ever taken a picture with so I am pumped! THANK YOU for the encouragement, it gave me some good hope and it worked out great!

shadow
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats. And thank you for using your head to find the deer in a textbook manner.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

You did that the right way. Congrats. Can't wait for pics.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Shot nice Buck..backed out, picking up trail in 4 hours. Success!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.