Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What happens when you do not recover.. >

What happens when you do not recover..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What happens when you do not recover..

Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default What happens when you do not recover..

Thought I would share this photo essay here that I had posted elsewhere.

For you that give it the good effort and are not able to recover your deer, NOTHING goes to waste...

This is the torso of a deer that was boned out, setin the same spot where I have placed deer carcasses and groundhogs over the years; so critters know where dinner is served. Photo's are in rough order of appearance:

Red-shouldered hawk:

Black Vultures:

Grey fox (rare to see them on my farm in daylight - he must have caught the odor):

A pair of greys showed up frequently at night:

A red fox was a frequent visitor during the night (I need to get out and hunt fox, they're legal 24/7 in my county):

Crows showed up first thing in the morning (the red fox had dragged the carcass out of view):

The bald eagle was no surprise. I have a pair of eagles that regularly perch in the oaks by my house, waiting for another deer carcass to fall out of the sky, lol. (The eagles actually showed up first, but I spooked them off when I set up the camera):

And the turkey buzzards actually showed up earlier, but I liked this guy's pose:

-----------------
No yotes in my neck of the woods (yet), and the neighbors generally keep their dogs inside (thank God for small favors). I thought I might see some'possum, skunks or coons...
Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What happens when you do not recover..

Some of the coolest trail cam pic's I've ever seen! Thanks!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

great pics. youre right, nothing goes to waste and youre helping take care of mother natures other creatures. Youre a donator!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Great pics...Thanks for sharing! I too was going to put a camera on "field dressing" pile and see what was coming around. I know they are gone within a couple days. I suspect yotes/foxes, still would be cool to get on film!
Thanks!
crutch
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

That was cool and rarely seen.

I noticed the same recently only because of a neighboring slob hunter. Friday evening, Kurt heard the guy shoot, watched the doe run by him, heard the doe crash...the guy had to too. Kurt stayed put, the guy started calling again. At dark, the guy got down, looked for his arrow and left.

When Kurt told me about it I said we should stake out the doe, we decided against it as I have faith in my fellow bowhunters, WRONG!....Sunday I took Kurt for a ATV ride and we spotted the doe, she was already cleaned off. The doe layed not 125 yards directly down the trail from the guys stand...he obviously never looked.

Crows were everywhere, we should have guessed that on Saturday, a turkey buzzard was on it Sunday. [&:] [:'(]
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice pics with the cudde! That Red Schouldered hawk is a neat bird of prey! We have a few around here but rarely do i see them.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

animal rights activist should look at that you feed your family and half of the animals in the woods off of the same deer. That is really cool
Old 11-07-2007, 07:13 AM
bigcountry

In the words of Clint E., "buzzards got to eat". And the circle of life goes around and round.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics on the cuddeback. Some pretty cool pics too! Thanks for sharing them. Very very neat!

Quick Reply: What happens when you do not recover..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.