Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need >

Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need

Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need

this evening was very windy and cold a buddy and i climbed up in a treestand that we hadnt used all year. starting off 20 minutes after getting in the stand a nice 8 pointer comes out down the field 200 yards away..i grabbed the primos buck roar and grunted as loud as i could..he stopped in his tracks..so i grunted just as loud two more times he took of running in our direction..he came within 38.5 yards and all of the suddena smaller buck came out 20 yards away tothetreeline on our left...they paused and stared ateachotherbefore my friend pulled back hes bow..the smallerdeer saw him pull back..but my buddy let one go and missed right underneath him and they took off...about an hour and 8 does and a spike later..an ugly racked 6 pointer comes out 100 yards on the same treeline, my buddy josh hits the Prioms Roar and the buck did the same thing just turned and headed our way...well to end this story i missed the deer came within 18 yards from the stand!!!i hit the only damn tree branch around the stand..o well!!! this is the greatest call in the world we are taping our next hunt!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need

I disagree. You used it to grunt, not roar, any grunt with quality sound would have done the exact same thing. IMO, right buck mood, right time. Calls are not magic but when they work, it seems that way.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:08 PM

I am also started to love this call. Last weekend i heard a buck in a thicket grunting. I did a couple grunts and then i heard him snort wheeze. I let out a big roar and a snort wheeze in there and he came crashing in. However, i dont have my earn a buck tag, and he walked 10 yards from my tree It was a good 115" buck, could have been my first good one, and only my second deer with a bow
Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 PM

ok let me rephrase that i roared as loud as i could and yes today it did work!!!! i just think its the full swing of the rut...no one needs to be without this its too handy for a bowhunter!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm glad you feel it worked for you. I just don't want to carry 5 different calls with me. I have 2 calls that I use and don't feel the need to fall for anymore gimmicks.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

ifwe only have taped this crazy hunt... youwouldnt be saying that...the can is a piece of crap..the rattling hornsare good in ceratin situations but this callreally rocks!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha 38.5 yards? Where does the half yard come into play? Just kiddin man. Ya ive wanted to try the call but i need a few more good testimonials to get my service.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you have 6 calls pahunter then get yourself a primos buck roar.. and throw the others out.. primos buck roar can do trophy grunt, mature buck grunt, young deer grunt, doe grunt, doe bleat, estrous bleat, snorts and wheeze.. and the roar as well.. so its got everything you need.. this past weekend i snort wheezed a big 10 point in with the buck roar....
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

not sure how good the call would do in hammonton,nj where i am currently hunting...had
more success rattling and calling in DE at my mothers place. have hunted there in years..
and i miss it
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I disagree. You used it to grunt, not roar, any grunt with quality sound would have done the exact same thing. IMO, right buck mood, right time. Calls are not magic but when they work, it seems that way.
I have one and have had many other grunt calls. You cannot grunt "as loud as you can" with another call and not call in a duck.

Quick Reply: Primos Buck Roar!!only call you will need

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.