Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who in P.A....... >

Who in P.A.......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who in P.A.......

Old 11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who in P.A.......

is actually killing/seeing deer by using calls, scents and rattling within the last week?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Spike

Default RE: Who in P.A.......

My buddy peed out of his tree and a small buck came and peed on top if that counts. I grunt and use the can from time to time but I wouldn't say it has had any noticalbe results.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

The buck I took on the 29th, last Monday came to my River Valley Deer Flute using grunts and contact calls.

I say that because he was back in the woods forever and when I called, he came looking.

Other than that, I have seen zero activity that would indicate the rut is taking place. The bucks are ready, I don't see the does being in.

(I'm hunting/guiding Kurt)
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The buck I shot yesterday came into DOC's scent. Circled downwind of it and came straight in. Kept his attention long enough to thread an arrow through him.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

who isn't killing bucks in PA
Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I was hunting with Rob/PA a couple weeks ago and grunted in (I have the same River Valley flute) a really nice 8 pointer from 100 yds away who was leaving before I grunted. It didn't have a storybook ending.....but he got to within 23 yds. before not seeing the buck making the grunts and buggering out.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

who isn't killing bucks in PA
Me[&:]
Old 11-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Host of Hosts

I'm seeing deer without using much of anything. Just a scent drag into my stand and a couple wicks. But I don't feel that had any effect of what I've seen. The deer seemed disinterested in them.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have yet to actually have a deer come in to my calls or scents but I have been seeing plenty of pre-rut activity over the last two weeks or so. Lots of bucks chasing does and scrape activity really picked over the last week.

Yesterday was a bust though.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 AM

The buck I shot on Nov. 1st was rubbing trees and made a scrape as he came through. One turn of the "can" call, and hespun aroundand came right to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.