Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots? >

Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Rage broadheads make hunters take bad shots?
15.00%
Rage broadheads have no effects on hunters shot placement?
85.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots?

Now that we have seen a number of posts where people have been showing their shot placementswith RAGE Broadheads do you think hunters will take less than ethical shots because they cause so much damage?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots?

I dont think anyone goes out in the woods with the thought of making an unethical shot.

Things happen in the woods and some times bad shots happen.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:18 PM

I dont think anyone who intentionally takes an unethical shotcan be labeled a sportsman/hunter but I do wonder about the possibility. I was watching on tv yesterday and the guy gutshot the deer and was talking about how they was a great 'bad shot broadhead'. I am going to order some in the near future after seeing the damage they do but my shot placement will remain as precise and efficient as I can shoot.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know bad shots happen but that can happen for many reasons. What I am talking about are shots where guys lower their standards of what a good shot is? I know some guys who will shot a deer in the ass just hoping it will expire especially now with these broadheads. I equate the rage broadhead to a titlelist pro v when those came out in the golf world.....everyone buys them thinking it will make them a better golfer much like WHAT the rage may do for the hunting community.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

this is pretty stupid in my opinion... this never crossed my mind. the only thing i like about expandables is it cuts more verse a fixed broad head. never has the thought of making a bad shot in hopes of killing or wounding a deer enough to die....................
Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have not changed a bit in my shot selection since switching to Rages. They have a nice wide cut and create axe wound like entries, but you still have to put it in the boiler room.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Spike

Rage isn't the first broadhead with a 2in cutting diameter why doesit get the blame for ignorant hunters?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: adidazman15

Rage isn't the first broadhead with a 2in cutting diameter why doesit get the blame for ignorant hunters?
Exactly.

It's not the broadhead that makes the decision.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Exactly.

It's not the broadhead that makes the decision.
Rob is wise
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not blaming ignorant hunters at all, I use them and love what they do! I have used many a broadhead and these are the best I have ever used. My stance is this, instead of someone waiting for the right oppurtunity will they just take what they have right than and there regardless ofthe percentages. On the flip side of it, they probably will increase harvest because they do what they do and get the job done.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads increase unethical shots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.